Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richard1238 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Pump Runs and Runs Even When No Heat Is Needed
    I have a 4 zone hydronic heating system. It is a 15 year old Hydrotherm HI-B series boiler with a new circulator pump.

It has been noticed that when none of the zones call for heat and the boiler is back up to temperature the pump continues to run, a waste of power since al the zone valves are closed.

The control box contains three identical relays. I purchased one replacement relay and substituted it out in all three positions but the pump continues to run. Any suggestions?:confused:
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 06:11 PM

Have you traced the wires from the pump to its power source? What do you mean by'when boiler is back up to temp', Boiler should not be rising in temperature if there is no call for heat( unless your boiler is wired to be a hot boiler) Let me know some more details and I will try to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump AHU fan runs continuously [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old Trane Xe1000 heat pump. Recently I noticed that the fan keeps running continuously even when the outside unit turns off. It's as if the tstat fan switch is set to On (it's not) instead of Auto. I tried a few things: 1) In the tstat (weathertron) I disconnected the fan...

Heat Pump runs, blower does not [ 3 Answers ]

My Furnace/Heat Pump seems to be working incorrectly. There are times when the Heat Pump outside will run continuously while the thermostat says "heating" however, the blower doesn't come on inside. The coil coming into my furnace unit gets very hot. I have to turn off the unit completely for...

Heat Pump runs but doesn't heat or cool. [ 4 Answers ]

I know this is pretty basic--but my older Rheem Classic IX (in FL) seems to be operating fine--except it stopped heating and I think, cooling. It seems to be running fine, without any obvious leaking. It just blows the same cool air on either setting. Where should I start? Are there fuses to look...

AC fan runs slow, but switch to heat fan runs normal [ 3 Answers ]

The other morning I came into the house and noticed the ac was not working. I turned off the breaker to the unit for a few minutes. Then turned it back on. Went to the thermostat pushed it over to auto and the fan came on but ran very slow. I them turned it off. Then turn on the heat, the fan...

Outdoor fan on heat pump runs [ 2 Answers ]

The fan on an outdoor carrier unit won't turn off. Turned off at thermostate, tried everything, had to turn it off at the breaker. I am thinking maybe a relay is stuck. Is this a part I can pick up and replace myself or is it a different problem all together Thanks

View more questions Search