Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sparrowhawk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Wiring Coolstat for two heat duct on a woodburning fireplace
    We are installing a woodburning fireplace with two heat ducts to other rooms. There is a fan on each dust. We want to wire a coolstat in so that when the temperature reaches a point it will turn the fans on to circulate the heat.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Honeywell Farm-O-Stat AirSwitch Controller T631A 1022 - eBay (item 250317915403 end time Nov-07-08 12:52:35 PST)

This item will turn on the fans when the temp gets from 70 to 140 degrees.

This means that the fans will not turn on until the temp goes to at least 70 minimum or 140 maximum. It is adjustable in that range.

That means that if you set it at 70 the temp will have to be at least 70 around the wood fireplace to kick the fans on.

There will be directions on the paperwork that comes in the box.

This one is more expensive but offers a bigger range of adjustment.

HONEYWELL T631G 1059 FARM-O-STAT RANGE 35 TO 100F - eBay (item 350075568954 end time Nov-28-08 13:47:00 PST)

Here is the Honeywell doc showing the different units available.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/63-1089.pdf

More info and a wiring diagram.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/60-2214.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a duct fan to circulate wood stove heat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a wood burning stove in my living room and it often produces way more heat than I need for the room, so Im wondering if I can use some duct work, a fan, and an AC thermostat to spread the heat around my house and reduce my furnace running times. There are no existing registers in the room as...

Furnace Thermostat Near Heat Duct [ 2 Answers ]

I live in an older home (1928). The furnace thermostat is mounted to a wall which also carries a heat duct to the second floor. The wall surface is warm during the heating season and I think this radiant heat is affecting the thermostat. Is there a way to shield the stat to minimize the heat...

How do you remove a woodburning fireplace [ 6 Answers ]

We need to remove our woodburning fireplace so that they can install a gas fireplace. How do we do it?

Installing Duct Blower - wiring [ 8 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house (30 years old) and the previous owner had an addition (sun room) on the back of the house. It looks nice, but not well heated (not sure about cooling yet, but assume as bad). There are two registers in the room, but it is a long run from the main HVAC shaft to the...

Wiring duct fans to my existing furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. This is my first post on these here forums :) I have been searching on the internet for weeks without success. I have a Goodman B18099-13 Control Board on my furnace. I've installed multiple duct fans in my duct work in order to increase the airflow through my wall/floor...

View more questions Search