Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skycrane1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Thermostat change - White Rodgers to Hunter
    Have both manfacturers schematics for individual thermostats but in trying to install the new Hunter I have 7 different color coded wires projecting from wall with no association to the terminals on the rear of the new plate. Tried continuity checks but there doesn't seem to be any use for at least 3 of the wires.
    Would really appreciate suggestion because at the moment we are without heat/air as I managed to break the White-Rodgers into pieces.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2008, 01:28 PM

First of all take the Hunter back. The brand is not recommended.

Next, you didn't give us any info to go on. None, whatsoever.
    For instance, the connected terminals of the old stat and colors.

Next you have to determine if you have a heat pump, electric or conventional furnace. Then you have to determine the number of stages for each. Armed with this information, you can select a stat.

You can purchase a stat which can do nearly all types, but you'll pay for it. Configuration may become a nightmare for the average consumer.

Examples: 1 heat/1cool conventional
    ... 2 heat/1 cool heat pump

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changed over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I have changed over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. Did all the correct wiring as stated in the books but when set to cool, the heater kicks on instead of the central air conditioning. What...

Thermostat change from White-Rodgers 1F78H-144 to Hunter 44660 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, System is gas heat, no heat pump, air Trying to install new Hunter 44660 thermostat Old White Rodgers Wiring W- white wire RH RC Jumper on RC- red wire B-nothing C-blue wire

How to connect thermostat Hunter 44660 coming from White Rodgers 1F58-72 [ 2 Answers ]

I just typed this and lost it through some Firefox glitch so typing it all over again. I just disconnected my old White Rodgers Type 1F58-72 Thermostat which had the following connections. Red - R White - W2 - Auxiliary Heat Relay Blue - B - Reversing vale energizes during heat Yellow - Y...

White Rodgers to Hunter Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a very old White Rodgers thermostat with large push buttons at the very top. I want to replace it with a Hunter Model 44260. Here is the current configuration -------------------------------------- red <= Don't know if RED goes to RC or RH white green yellow

White-Rodgers to new Hunter Thermostat (Wiring Help Please) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a new home, built in 2003, with Central Heat and Air. It's all run off electricity and is using a Lennox Model CB29M-41-1P heat pump. The WHITE ROGERS DIGITAL HEAT PUMP THERMOSTAT 1F89-211 used the following wires: White Red Brown Orange Yellow

View more questions Search