Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flyboy454 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Furnace ignitor
    Hi everyone. I am having a problem with my furnace. The ignitor won't lite the gas. I can lite it with a long match and it works fine until the thermostat cuts it off. I changed the ignitor thinking that was the problem, but it still won't lite by its self. How do I check to see if I am getting voltage to the ignitor, and how much should it be? If I am not getting voltage then what else could be wrong?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 31, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Exact model number of furnace ?

Brand of furnace?

Number of flashes showing on circuit board ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change the electronic ignitor on a gas furnace? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker series 100, gas furnace. I want to change the ignitor. Where can I find step by step instructions? Thanks, DlSnyder

Comfortmaker Furnace Hot Surface Ignitor Failure [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 1989 vintage Comfortmaker furnace. Over the past couple of years, the burner goes out shortly after it starts up. When I replace the hot surface ignitor, it starts working again normally. I have had to replace the ignitor lately every one to three months. I have had a technician look...

Location of Ignitor in Carrier Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

This is my first winter in a new home... furnace is a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 58WAV from 1993. A couple of days ago my ignitor went bad, I bought a new ignitor for this model but to my surprise when I opened the unit I found that the bad ignitor (which was not the same as the correct...

Self ignitor furnace won't fire [ 1 Answers ]

Our Coleman Evcon furnace is reluctant to fire the first time in fall. The ignitor glows but then the gas will not fire. Is something dirty, is this something I can service myself? Appreciate any help, thanks.

Furnace ignitor needs to be replaced and an additional valve? [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace started blowing out only cold air and the fan seems to run even if the thermostat is off, we tried replacing the thermostat and that was not the problem. It is a tech-4 gas furnace True blue 90. We were told it was the ignitor and that our model would also need to have an additional...

View more questions Search