Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaung973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 05:46 AM
    No heat blowing while pump running
    I have a quick question. Over the last few weeks my heat pump, with both heat and air, has occasionally got to the point where it is running but not blowing anything.

With the air, I figured it was freezing up and ran the fan until the air blowing stopped being cold. This seemed to solve the problem and when I ran the air again it blew normally through the vents.

Last night it was the heat. It’s the first time it has happened this way. The pump was running for 15-20 minutes with no air, warm or cold, blowing out. I switched it off when we went to bed, this was no problem as the house was at 70 degrees and I was getting up 4 hours later. When I awoke I switched the heat back on, and low and behold it worked just fine. No further problems with it so far today.

Any idea what may be going on?

Any tips or pointers would be much appreciated as it is getting colder and I go out of town this weekend and would like to attempt to get something remedied before I leave if possible.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 10:41 AM
    You probably have a defective blower relay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant Heat Pump stopped blowing cool. [ 6 Answers ]

Last night all of the sudden, the registers stopped blowing cool air. The indoor fan is still running and blowing air, there is just no temp split at all in relation to the rest of the house. The fan outside on the condenser is kicking on. What are the possibilities, and what tools are needed to...

Heat pump not blowing cool air [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My heat pump has been cooling just great until last evening when the register air was only blowing 62 degrees, even as it cooled outside the register air never dropped down. To be safe I shut it off. Anything I could do other than calling repair? Does refrigerant need to be charged?...

Heat pump blowing cold air. [ 1 Answers ]

What causes the heat pump to blow cold air? Our entire unit is out side and it is electric.

Heat Pump - Blowing hot air from outside compressor & making noise [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier (M#48GS-003060) heat pump compressor all of a sudden starting making a loud humming noise tonight, when I went to investigate I found the outside unit discharging hot air. Why would it be making the loud humming noise? Is the discharge of hot air related to the noise?

Heat pump blowing breaker [ 4 Answers ]

Heat pump/ Air conditioner Goodman Manufacturing Model# CPKE30-18 approx. 6 years old Notice breaker was flipped while cleaning garage. Flipped breaker and heard it try to kick on. Never kicked on but kept trying. Flipped breaker off and went to look to see the...

View more questions Search