Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryanmcarey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 11:46 AM
    How do I cover plants for winter
    What is the best and cheapest ways to protect plants for winter?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 03:42 PM

If they are perennials they will take care of themselves, if they are annuals, then you can bring what you can the house to enjoy for a while longer.

I don't worry about my perennials, but you can cover them with leaves. It is a good mulch and will benefit them in the spring.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 07:27 PM

Tiuckle is correct. Folks that still use white styrofoam rose cones often do more damage than mother nature. I do have some young evergreen that get wind burned easily. I wrap them in burlap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caulking during the winter [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sliding glass door that is leaking due from snow melting off the upper deck. Can I apply caulk during the winter months will it hold until we can look at the deck above after the snow melts? Thanks

Winter dance [ 4 Answers ]

OK guys, I'm on the decorating comitee for the dance at school, winter wonderland themed. I need some ideas to make it an amazing dance, because some really special guests will be there. We have a pretty low budget, because it is for the JROTC program and we are not funded by the school. Any...

Plants to cover concrete drain cover [ 1 Answers ]

Hi When I bought my house, no one had even raked the yard for years and I knew I had a lot of work ahead of me. Fortunately, I had been perennial gardening for some time. This was a new challenge, however, because the lot is heavily wooded, and the trees are old growth that were not cut when...

Rabbits In Winter [ 1 Answers ]

My rabbit has been in the shed since November I was wondering when I should bring him back outside in the garden. :) :) :) :)

Heat in the winter [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an apartment (building built in 1800's) in west chester, Pennsylvania and I do not have a thermostat in my apartment. My neighbor downstairs has the thermostat to control the heat for both our apartments. Minus the kitchen and office, each room has a single hot water radiator. My...

View more questions Search