Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mechanic1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Coleman furnace burning smell
    I have a coleman oil furnace 1991 in my mobile home.I run kerosene only . Problem is,after furnace has been off for a while due to temp being reached,whether 15 minutes or 2 hours when air temp reaches min temp and burner kicks on, burner will work,then after few minutes,maybe 2 or 3, burner shuts off and fan turns on,which circulates the hot air throughout the house,which is normal but I get a burning smell when fan kicks on,the blower stays on while burner kicks on and off until temp reached then blower runs for a minute or two to cool down then unit shuts off,again seems to be normal, and also I have had my nose inches from fan electric motor and that doesn't smell.the burning smell doesn't come back at all while the furnace is running,just the first time the blower turns on after furnace has been off,after the first cycle of burner, any ideas? Need more info?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 04:16 AM
    Call a heating professional and have a ON SITE inspection of the furnace heat exchanger. The life you save may be your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burning smell? [ 3 Answers ]

Just about 2 hours ago we have notice a smell of something burning. It smells like it is coming from behind the refrigerator. The plug socket is not hot. Just the smell is bad! We have no idea what it is... help... We did pull the refrigerator out earlier this morning, now it it about midnight....

Carrier Furnace / AC Electrical Issues (Burning Plastic Smell) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am a bit of a novice in this area. I have a Carrier 58GS100-GA Furnace & Carrier 28RC130010 AC unit on top. Just today I noticed a strong acidic burning smell coming from the basement and loud humming sound, and noticed some minor smoke...

Electric burning smell from furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace has a electric burning smell, Doesn't matter if the ac is on or heater. I turned on just the fan and still get the smell. Could this be the blower moter going out? Or something else? Is there any way to test this or do I just have to bite the bullet and pay a expert to come and...

Coleman Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman Furnace in my mobil home and it keeps shutting off and won't hold a temperature. I have had a furnace company out and they replaced a gas valve but it did not help. To get the furnace to start back up I have to turn the thermostat off and then back on. It will run for a while the I...

Burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up this morning to a burning smell coming from heat vents. I can't see anything burning and I changed out the filter already. It smells like plastic.

View more questions Search