Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DK4207 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Plumbing Schmatic
    Does anybody know of a website to find a plumbing schematic for a full bathroom in a basement?

Thanks

Dave
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Hey Dave...

I don't know of any website that will have a schematic for basement bathroom as all bathrooms, underground plumbing, and code requirements differ from house to house and state to state.

If you give us a basic layout of bathroom I am sure we can come up with some kind of working diagram for you...

If you can use your paint program and then post a jpeg pic. Here it would allow us to better diagram a plan for you.

Also, let me know the state you live in.

Let me know what you can.

I'm back on around 9:00 or so (eastern time)...

MARK

Sep 30, 2008, 07:27 AM
    Thanks Mark.. I live in Illinois

The framing for the bath is completed and the tub is all piped into the drain. Now comes the wall plumbing and venting. The questions is that I have two vent stacks in diff diameter coming out of the basement floor about a foot in height and in addition located in the joist above is a tie in to the vent stack going up to the attic out the roof. I don't know which vent stack to tie into the vent stack in the ceiling and I'm looking for a schematic of how the wall plubming should be.

Many thanks in advance

Dave
    Attached Images

Sep 30, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Hey mark I forgot to add the sink.. as we are planning to add a pedestal sink to the left of the toilet.

Thanks

Dave
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 07:41 AM

You will get more plumbers if we move this post to plumbing. Where in IL are you? Have you looked in your attic to see if all those vents go through the roof or do they revent?

Sep 30, 2008, 07:50 AM
    I live in Maryville IL and I have not looked in the attic, however, perhaps I classified them wrong on the picture.. the two stacks coming out of the basement floor are about a foot in height and capped.. I assume this PVC coming out of the basement floor are just vents for the toilet and sink or shower. So my assumption is that those are supposed to tie into the capped pvc vent in the joists somehow.

Plumbing is not my forte so, so this may not make any sense
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Hi Dave... just need to know if the sink goes to left of toilet or to right of toilet and then I can draw this up in a couple minutes.

I will check back later tonight and respond with drawing as soon as I have your answer.

I'm betting sink is to left... ;)

MARK

Oct 1, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Yes, its to the left of the toilet.

Thanks again.

Dave

Oct 1, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Also, I believe the two stacks coming out the basement floor are about 1 foot in height and are capped.. So I believe the main stack is for the sink drain and the smaller capped stack is the vent stack that connects to the joist vent stack.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 1, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Dave...

OK..here is a basic idea of how it goes... See picture. Like the picture states, cleanout is optional, but it really is best if you can install one. I try to install a dandy cleanout on every drain line that I bring out of a concrete floor, but can't always do that.

When I say that you should dry fit the pipe stub out for the pedestal I'm suggesting that you level the face of the 90 degree elbow as it comes out of the wall and that you dry fit an 8" capped piece of 1.5" PVC into the elbow. This will allow you different options for connecting the pedestal drain at finish.

Let me know if you have questions.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to find schmatic [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Coleman Evcon unit. The coil froze over and the water leaked down on this plug that burned out and the schmatic is ripped in half so I can't even read it.where can I get a freedigram .

Confused about wiring schmatic on Honeywell Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a gas fired single stage heat furnace and I am trying to install a HoneywellCT3200 progrmable thermostat. The wiring coming off the old thermostat has three wires Red, Black, Green. There is no corresponding letter for the black wire or perhaps I should not be using this particular model, It...

New plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new bathroom in my basement, I need to cut up concrete and install new waist line for toilet and shower. What is the best way do do this? Will I need a new vent line? The toilet will be within 8 ft. from the main waist line, the shower is about 1 ft. Thanks for your help, Dave

Schmatic of a transfer switch? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a schmatic of a 6 braker 20 amp manual transfer switch for mr 5000 what generator... I d like to see how they hook up and know just how they work... will I have to turn off my 200 amp main or will the manual transfer switch do it? Or maybe it don't get turned off?I did see...

Plumbing [ 6 Answers ]

Help kitchen faucet- water willnot come through spigot I replaced washers, when water was turned on would not flow through faucet what do I need to do now?

View more questions Search