Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whitefir Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Rheem HVAC classic 90 that will not light
    I have a Rheem HVAC classic 90 that will not light

The electronic igniter will not lit the burners

I have changed the igniter and still will not work

I can light the burners with a match but when it gets to temperature it will not light for the next cycle
    coolmen Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Sep 11, 2008, 04:59 PM
    You should have a blinking light on the control board and will tell you what part of the system is malfunctioning
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 07:13 PM
    No never try to light the burners with a match. Your safety switches are doing their job. Check the intake and exhaust on the furnace for restrictions, check the condensate drain for restriction, those two along with the inducer motor not running will keep the pressure switch from closing and in turn keep the ignitor from glowing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO HEAT Rheem Classic 90 series 3 years old [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Classic 90 Series Rheem RGRA series upflow/downflow furnace 3 years old. Intermittently, the furnace will not flame up or give out heat. Sometimes it only blows cold air. Sometimes, it locks out (middle green light flashing once then pausing). The furnace repair company came out and...

Rheem Classic 90 duct cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

While I had the blower of my 10 year old updraft Rheem 90 HVAC system removed for inspection and cleaning, I noticed that above the fan in the duct there is a coil with black, gooey, fibrous material coating it on the bottom, which sloughs off easily. Is this an accumulation if dirt that should be...

Rheem Classic Clicking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my outdoor Rheem Classic 9 Heat Pump I just reciently changed the fan control relay, after a week of running it seems to be clicking. I problem I had before with the relay was it would not turn the fan. I can tell the clicking is coming from that relay. I don't know if...

Rheem Classic 90 Plus Blower start issue [ 11 Answers ]

The blower started acting up for few weeks. There was a several consistent short rumblings of the blower, something like half second on and half second off after ignition. Once the rumbling is over, the blower fan just works fine. I can also hear the relay inside the control box clicks when it...

View more questions Search