Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanchez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Thermostat wiring for a hunter programmable from a 4-wire Honeywell
    I have never done this and want to know how to connect the colered wires from my old Honeywell to the Hunter. I have Red, White, Green, Blue. Their connections are G, RC, Rh, y/o, w/b, y1. What goes where? Thank you
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2008, 07:40 PM
    1st,you got the wrong thermostat,, trade that junk Hunter for another Honeywell
    2nd, if with four wires I don`t think you need a heatpump tstat,that you paid too much money for ,get a heating and cooling tstat only,
    3rd you then need to look at the wire(tstat wires) in your furnace and see what each color is connected to on that end, (normally the red wire is hot and goes to the r post in the tstat,the whie is for heat=w post,the green is for fan=the g post, the blue usually yellow will hook to y post in the tstat,, but again check the other end out and see what they are connected to,, goodluck
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2008, 07:50 PM
    It helps if we know where the wires went on the old thermostat. With out knowing and a stab in the dark I would say Red to RC with a jumper wire to RH, Green to G, White to W/B, and Blue to Y1. Good luck.
    metabadrine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 07:52 PM
    This site in Las Vegas has some info about thermostats. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a new Honeywell programmable thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

I am replacing a Trane thermostat on my 10 year old heat pump ("for BAY 28X138 OR BAY 28X140) with a Honeywell Programmable 5-1-1, RTH7400 and the wiring letters are different. I got the thermostat to give me Aux heat, Heat, Off and Cool, but can not get Auto - the whole point of the...

Wiring honeywell to hunter programmable [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old honeywell chronotherm controller. Bought a Hunter programmable to replace it with. Question is this: Hunter has slot for Y, C, M, or O wire. Problem is, the old honeywell has a Y AND a C. All other existing wires and letters correspond, but the hunter says that Y and C which are...

Wiring a hunter 44110 5-2 programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Am trying to install a new programmable thermostat and I am having problems. My old thermostat had the following wires: white, orange, red, green yellow and blue. The new Hunter thermostat has places for RH, RC, G, Y and W. I have tried several different configurations and cannot get the a/c to...

Hunter 44110 Programmable Thermostat Wiring HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

My current thermostat has the following six wires, hooked as follows: Orange to O Green to G Yellow to Y1 Red to R Black to C White to W1 I am attempting to install the Hunter Programmable thermostat, which only gives me 5 placements for wires:

Need help wiring Honeywell programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 5-2 programmable Honeywell thermostat - replacing my old mercury unit. Have a spilt-system Bryant heat pump. Brown - Br Green - G White - W1 Blue - B Yellow - Y Red - R Connected G, W1, Y and R (not B, not Br). Heat works fine. Just switched to cooling and I only get hot air. Any...

View more questions Search