Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeff in Albany Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Heat Pump AC blows out Heat.
    My heat pump, set to cool the house, is instead cooling mother nature and heating up our house. It worked just fine yesterday; not a thing has changed. Any ideas?:confused:
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 08:16 PM
    Reversing valve is stuck, reversing valve coil is bad, or voltage to revering valve is not changing (24 to 0 or 0 to 24 vac) when the mode is chnaged from heat to cool.

After checking voltage at the valve, you can LIGHTLY tap it.
    Rryzinski Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Hope the tech / installer did a proper pull down on install non-condensable do strange things

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

20 yr old Lennox heat pump fan blows constantly in heat mode [ 5 Answers ]

20 year old Lennox heat pump - outside temps been 30's at night, 40's daytime UPDATE: I went outside and the unit is covered in frost on 3 sides! I've been reading on Google about frosted heat pump units and can't determine how to manually defrost it. Apparently, the auto defrost is not...

Why does my air handeling coil freeze up when the heat pump is in heat mode? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a TRANE XL 1200 heat pump. When in the heat mode the air handeling coil freezes up, enough to block the air flow. I can turn the heat pump off and leave the air handeling unit air circulating fan on and get the ice melted. After 30 minutes or so I can turn the heat pump back to the on...

Nordyne heat pump high suction in heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old heat pump.in heat mode at 40 deg outside I have 120 psi on the suction and 160 psi on the disc. 99 deg. At discharge from condenser.first season for heat.sounds like a stuck or leaking reverse valve. Any suggestions. Thanks ps I tried switching from air to heat a few times

Heat Pump Thermostat Set to Cool, Blows Hot Air [ 6 Answers ]

Having a problem with my heat pump system. The thermostat is set to cool but the unit is blowing hot air. If it has been turned off for awhile and we turn it back on to cool (fan set to auto), it will blow at what seems to be room temperature for awhile (5-20 minutes) and then turns to hot air...

View more questions Search