Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Apr 11, 2006, 08:38 PM
    Taken in hand
    Does anyone here know what a "taken in hand" relationship with your spouse is? Do you know if it works? I've heard some things, but I would like to talk to someone in one.

Isn't a certain amount of a husband being dominating normal in any relationship? What's normal now days? Is the man the head of the household? Is it okay to be somewhat submissive. I hope that's not too personal. Thanks for any information you might have to offer.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2006, 04:39 AM
    1. Here's an overview of the "Taken in Hand" trend:
    http://www.takeninhand.com/node/222

Keep in mind, though, you may find various differences between this and other "taken in hand" reference sources.

2. An excellent question - but one you probably know includes a lot of controversy. The answers will be all over the board.

My belief is that the man is the Head of the household. No, that does not mean he's the boss or the ruler; but the protector and provider... and no, provider does not have to mean the "breadwinner".

It's far more than that: As the Head, I have the biggest responsibility to be the Servant... if that makes sense.

... regardless, titles don't mean much to me. Communication is what means everything. If each of you truly care more for the other than for yourself, and can communicate with each other well, that's what awesome marriages grow from.

Was that too mushy? :o
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 04:44 AM
    Hi,
    Did you know that in the animal kingdom, a female Dog is the "head" of the household? She is the one that holds the "pack" of dogs together, ruling the roost, so to speak.
    But for humans, today is an entirely different story than 50 yrs ago. I am 64 yrs old, so do remember "days gone by". Today, being head of a household, the dominant member, can be either a man or a woman.
    Some men still are the dominant one, making everyday decisions for the family and for his wife. But, women are also making decisions, and some are the dominant one in a family.
    Being "submissive" is what makes you comfortable. "Compromise" is the key to a good relationship, and that means decisions are made by both partners.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Apr 12, 2006, 07:16 AM
    Thank you Rickj. I think that was right down my alley. I checked out the website and now I don't know how far I want this to go.

Fredg, this is what I find the problem to be.

I find it a very confusing time to be a woman. I have people from all sides in my life and I'm not sure where exactly I stand or what my role is. My husband and I do make decisions together but he is the Head of the household. My husband does have our best interests in mind and he does love us. He is human and does make mistakes though. I feel that a lot of women won't understand and this makes it hard to talk about. I do like the part where my husband takes care of me and I do know that I have my job. He supports me in staying home with the kids and I don't mind taking care of our home. I'm not a slave or a door mat.

Does anyone know what it means to submit in a marriage? Is it possible after a relationship has changed and evolved to fall in love with your spouse all over again? You know with the great feelings, the can't stand to be away from you feelings, and all of that?

Thanks
    xxxJustMexxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 01:40 AM
    If you fully submit all of your trust to a man willingly is a very powerful tool for any man. Can be very hot for sure and it's that that brings back all those feelings that twinkle away in any longterm relationship. Just be sure you trust him with your life and that he will honor and cherish your wants not only his because your giving up yours. That is quite a gift for a man and a lot of power and you know men with power tend to let it go to their heads. ;)~ Go for it! At least you can say you tried and run fast when he unties you if you change your mind... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numbness in hand [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's wrists hurt, almost like a soreness. Her doctor had told her that it is to do with the tendons and she needs to see a physical therapist. I tend to think she should go see an orthopedic doctor. Anyway, her one hand goes numb anytime she hits a certain spot in her wrist. It doesn't happen...

Other kids getting out of hand [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am married with 3 children. Marisa (10), Gina (8) and Nicholas (6). We usually call him Nick. I'm close with my extended family and my question has to do with dealing with my cousin Paul (47) and his son Cory (13). Paul is married for the 2nd time and also has a daughter, but she is...

Need a hand [ 3 Answers ]

I’m 53 years old, educated so long ago that it’s un-important now… Had a realistic dream some three years ago started writing it down and haven’t stopped since. Three books (Intercepted Thoughts #1, Disputed Territory.. Earth #2, Earth Dispatch One #3) one short story “A Hastening of Maturity” and...

Hand me down V-BOX [ 1 Answers ]

I have just been given an older V-Box computer, of about 1999-2000 vintage. I am trying to locate information about the motherboard. A manual would be preferred. Is there a good place to find information? KD7LXX

View more questions Search