Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blessedmamax5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Wiring a new 240v class 2 transformer
    Hi!
    Our transformer needed replaced in our Coleman Evcon electric furnace and the old transformer wiring is a little different than the new transformer. We need to know which wires are the load and line side and which ones go together in the male ends. On one side there are black, white, orange and red. On the other side, there is blue and yellow. Any guidance you can give me on this would be much appreciated.

:confused:
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2008, 08:47 AM
    The transformer should be labeled either on the part itself or on the box it came in,sounds like a multi funcional transformer if to the black, white, orange and red should be your line side,, 2 of whatever color are for 120V and the other 2 are for 220 v
    Jeremy126 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2010, 12:31 PM

I've got the same thing my wires on the transformer are 240 org, 208 red, 120 blk, com what on the primary side so which two do I use if I'm replacing a 240v transformer?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2010, 02:21 PM

Orange and white

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

240V Heater Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Is it safe to hard wire a 240v 15A Heater to a 30A 240V breaker? Are there any draw backs?

Dimplex 240v baseboard and thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

What gauge wire is recommended for connecting a double pole thermostat to a dimplex 240volt 2500watt 102inch baseboard heater? Also is there a diagram for this connection? Thanks

10 VA Class II Transformer/Lennox Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello- I have recently purchased a Lennox Elite G50 DF furnace. It ran great for about two months, then the 3 amp fuse on the circuit board tripped. Service tech indicated it may be the thermostat or the wiring from the thermostat to the furnace. I changed the thermostat- but had the...

Wiring 120V light from 240V source [ 6 Answers ]

I currently have a well house that has a 240V source on 12-2 wire powering a submersible well pump. I would like to wire in a 120V light. Can this be done using the 12-2 wire already in place or do I need to remove the 12-2 wire and install 12-3 wire? (It is approximately 60ft from the main house...

View more questions Search