Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gigi1937 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Honeywell thermostat RTH 230B wiring issue
    OK all you electricians out there. I need assist PDQ. The folks at HD told me this thermostat was as easy as 1,2,3, but not having any installation and wiring experience have put this old granny in a tiz. I was able to remove old round honeywell easily, and pull and mark the wires (4) wires, but cannot figure out for the life of me, where to insert the wires in the terminals. First thought was from the top, but there are no holes to push wires into even though they are marked with alpha letters. My next thought was from the front but this would most definitely interefere with plugging in the thermostat. It's 95 degrees and I'm frustrated. Kids are too busy to help so I thot I'd show them! Can't afford an electrician, so I am hopeful you can help me out here. HELP!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Lossen the screw and slip the wire the plactic area below the screw then tighten the screw.

If you cannot do that I suggest you call a professional to preform a ON SITE call to your home to do it for you. Sorry but it is a very easy job and anyone should be able to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell RTH 230B thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Honey Well RTH 230B thermostat. I lost the labels on the wires when I tried to pull them through. How do I know what goes where? How do I insert them into the thermostat?

AC Power Issue with Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I've installed a Honeywell RTH7400 thermostat on a heat pump system with electric resistance auxiliary heat. The thermostat is properly wired and programmed but would not operate properly. It would run the heat pump for less than a minute and shut the system down. After an hour with...

Replacing Honeywell 890121 with RTH 230B [ 1 Answers ]

5 wires come out of the wall. One (the yellow) was tied off and not connected to the 890121. The blue wire was connected to C, the green to G, the W to White and the red to Y. The RTH230B has RH, RC,W, Y and G. connection positions. What wires go where?

Honeywell rth 230B thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Need part no. and location of dealer for replacement filters, as my filter light is on. Also need instructions on replacing.

Installing Honeywell RTH 230B [ 2 Answers ]

I know there have been multiple posts regarding this stat. I've collected them and have them as reference. I was hoping to do this right the first time rather than have to troubleshoot. The RTH230B is replacing an older Honeywell mercury stat that has 4 wires: W1-white G- green Rh-red...

View more questions Search