Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixitac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Code 41 on Bryant air handler
    Equipment: Bryant Variable Spd 4-Way Multipoise Furnace Model 315AAV060110 package with Bryant Condensing Unit Mod 38HDC060-321. Unit in Florida and issue with cooling operation. Problem start: Odor elec burn at registers. Powered off unit and called repair. Tech did shallow/sloppy diagnostic work and simply installed new motor and motor module, and control board. Tech could not get to run at all and finally apologized and said I would have to call another company. I started applying readings from the Installation, Start-up, Operating, and Service and Maintenance Instructions, including the troubleshooting algorithm. I have been successful getting the unit to cool and have the blower start. CONTINUED PROBLEM: Air handler starts but does not seem to ramp up to high blower speed. Last attempt to run, the unit ran for some 12 minutes and stopped for some seconds and then came back on for 5 minutes before stopping the second time and giving me the flashing code #41. This is the code which it was showing before I called for the service tech. Recommendations for where to look and/or action to take now before calling another service company?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Recommendations for where to look and/or action to take now before calling another service company?

You need special tool on some models to set the correct blower speeds. You just cannot play with the dip switches.

Call someone who know how to work on it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 06:13 AM
    What is error #41?

Jul 21, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Code 41 is the blower motor failed a test and is outside it's speed range by 10 percent

Jul 21, 2008, 08:43 AM
    According to the check lists the 41 code says you have an open wire on the red and blue wire between connectors pL13 and pL3-5 (-) Repair it or replace the blower harness. If do not have a trouble shooting code book. Go to your local bryant distributor and they can provide a copy that was never provided to the owners in the first place with your furnace. If you turn your furnace off and set dip switch to number 6 on it should go threw a test mode inducer low high then a fan low and high this will test the blower and the inducer motors.

This is why you always hire a professional THAT KNOWS what they are doing in the first place. This is not a unit for a home owner to play with.
    fixitac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Not going to tie site up with loads of information from my end as yet. I have the install manual most homeowners may never get because the installers don't leave them at the unit (as directed by the manual). It is very detailed but easy to follow and has a troubleshoot algorithm. Also explains proper dip settings in detail. Anyway current status after being on phone with Carrier/Bryant support and going some voltage tests on various contacts, their advisement is to replace the new motor module with another new motor module which hopefully will be in tomorrow. Will install and go from there and will post results. Once problem is finally corrected will do one last post restating original problem and corrective action.

Jul 21, 2008, 03:24 PM
    You might need that wiring harness unless you have already tested it. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant 383KAV code 14 - flamesout x4 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Bryant gas furnace 383KAV that is 7 years old. Currently the burners come on and then go off after a few seconds. After this happens 4x the furnace delays for 3hours. I thought the flame sensor might be dirty - but I cleaned it some and nothing came off. That didn't help. Filter...

Bryant 330AAV Code 34.every now and then. [ 2 Answers ]

Wanted to know if anyone could help me troubleshoot this problem.. This furnace will not fire up (every now and then), basically what happens is the igniter lights up, but will shut down after 5 seconds or so. It will do this three times until it goes into lock down, code 34 flashes. I reset...

What are Bryant 80 Plus Heater LED Status Code [ 3 Answers ]

What are the status codes that flash on the LED on a system that will not turn on.

Still have error code on Bryant gaspac 8 flashes [ 6 Answers ]

For Northernheat Still getting code of 8 led flashes. Have checked the flame sensor not cracked or touching anything and is in the flame. The only time that it seems to happen is when the temp gets colder like 32/34 after being 38/40. The LED error code states Internal control fault ...

Bryant 310AAV code 23 [ 8 Answers ]

I found your forum after having some issues with my furnace. Age is unknown because I rent and my landlords are out of town. When I went to turn the furnace on tonight, nothing happened. House temp registering 68-69 at thermostat, furnace doesn't kick on when adjusted to 72. Fan will turn...

View more questions Search