Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rfrey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2006, 02:52 PM
    wiring a honeywell th832OU1008 thermostat
    I have an American Standard heat pump model TWGO36H140B with aux Emergency heat and I would like to wire a Honeywell TH832OU1008 thermostat. The wires coming to my present thermostat are:

Brown= not connected X= blue w2= white and pink

r=red g= green o = orange y= yellow e= pink

*pink is a jumper between w2 and e

Any help would be appreciated!!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 04:01 PM
    I was unable to find your honeywell stat at their web site. Without seeing a wiring diagram for both the heat pump and the thermostat, it is difficult to wire, as the colors someone used are irrelevant.

Do you have the instructions for your new thermostat? And the old one?

Mar 31, 2006, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell
    I was unable to find your honeywell stat at their web site. Without seeing a wiring diagram for both the heat pump and the thermostat, it is diffcult to wire, as the colors someone used are irrelevant.

Do you have the instructions for your new thermostat? And the old one?
    I don't have instructions for the old one... it is model T841A1712 (honeywell) I put it back in until I figure out how the new one should be properly wired. I have the installation instructions on the new thermostat which shows connections for Y2 L E Aux S1 S2 Rc R O/B Y G and C. There is a factory installed jumper for Rc and R. In the diagram of the installation manual the red I have now would go to Rc, Orange(changeover valve) would go to O/B, Yellow(compressor relay) to Y, Green(fan relay) to G. The wires I don't know are blue,white and the brown (not being used on present t-stat.S1 and S2 won't apply(no temp sensor)Y2 has nothing going to it in manual. Thanks
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2006, 05:02 AM
    Sounds like you got it OK with red,(leave the jumper), Orange, Yellow, and Green.

If the wires blue, white, and brown are not being used on the old stat , then those are done.

The only one left is pink, which I think is for aux heat, so should go to AUX.

The new stat you have has more functions than your existing system has.

Review this thread, it may help even more to determine the purpose of each terminal.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=23152

Apr 1, 2006, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell
    Sounds like you got it OK with red,(leave the jumper), Orange, Yellow, and Green.

If the wires blue, white, and brown are not being used on the old stat , then those are done.

The only one left is pink, which I think is for aux heat, so should go to AUX.

The new stat you have has more functions than your existing system has.

Review this thread, it may help even more to determine the purpose of each terminal.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=23152
    Sorry you misunderstood... presently the white wire is connected to W2 and blue is connected to X in the old thermostat.. don't know where they would go for the new one. And will the pink still jump W2 and E like they do now on the old thermostat. The only one NOT connected to the old thermostat is Brown. Thanks
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2006, 08:06 AM
    Unfortunately, you have an existing and a new Honeywell thermostat, and finding diagrams at their website is impossible, and I have sent a second email to then telling them that.

I suppose if the old one could be found, then you would not need to ask.

Best I can offer is to follow the wires you need help with back to the heat pump, and perhaps there you will find a wiring diagram that tells you what each wire does, and then match up to the wiring diagram that you have for the new stat.

Beyond that, anyone will be guessing the purpose of the wires you have in question. Sorry wish I could be of more help. I sure hope Honeywell changes their website to be more helpful. As you can see from the link I gave, other brands of stats are easier to find disgrams.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Honeywell Programmable Thermostat [ 10 Answers ]

I am having trouble figuring out the wiring for a new programmable thermostat installation. I moved into a barnd new house equipped with two Robertshaw Model 9400 Thermostats (one for each zone). I bought Honeywell RTH7500D programmable thermostats to replace them because I wanted programmable...

Honeywell T8411R Thermostat Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Someone gave me this digital thermostat which was used & has no instruction papers. I have a Goodman Heating & A/C self contained unit outside for a mobile home. The old thermostat was a 4 wire system with a green wire on the G terminal, red wire on the RC terminal, blue wire on the Y terminal, and...

Need help wiring Honeywell programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 5-2 programmable Honeywell thermostat - replacing my old mercury unit. Have a spilt-system Bryant heat pump. Brown - Br Green - G White - W1 Blue - B Yellow - Y Red - R Connected G, W1, Y and R (not B, not Br). Heat works fine. Just switched to cooling and I only get hot air. Any...

Wiring a replacement Honeywell Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Honeywell Vision 5-1-1 Day programmable thermostat to replace a Lennox thermostat (51H4301). This is an all electric heat pump type unit (Lennox HP 21-511-5P). According to the Honeywell manual, if the old thermostat has wires W1, Y1 and W2, some system modification is required. Call...

Old honeywell thermostat with clock - wiring question [ 4 Answers ]

I'm replacing an old honeywell thermostat with a new digital. The old one has the standard two wires - R and Wh, but then it has two C wires. I think they just provide power for the clock, and I'm wondering if I can just close off that circuit. The clock has two metal brush connections that...

View more questions Search