Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agonzal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
    Honeywell RTH6300B
    I'm kind of confused about the wiring, I have an old thermostat that I'm trying to replace but the wiring on it is different from what they have on the manual. The wires that are connected to the terminals are R, O, G, & Y which at the same time wrapped around the W terminal. How do I match the wiring with this new thermostat? Also do I need to remove the jumper from the R & Rc? Thank you.
    jim turner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 08:40 PM
    My existing wiring includes a RC and a jumpered RH, a W, a G, an O and a Y. The illustration for the Honeywell RTH6300B does not show where the O wire should go. Where does the O wire connect?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2006, 05:30 AM
    The O is usually for a heat pump system.

Do you have a heat pump?

Is the new stat designed for heat pump systems?

I believe you will need to exchange the thermostat for one that is setup to control heat pumps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a Honeywell CT87A 4447 thermostat this summer. It worked fine with my air conditioning, but I am having a problem with it controlling my furnace. It will turn the furnace on and I can turn the fan on manually, but when set to auto the fan does not come on. The thermostat has the...

Honeywell RTH230B [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a very old thermostat, White-Rodgers 135-415, which I'd like to convert to a Honeywell RTH230B. Currently there are only 3 wires that are connected to the thermostat (which is only for my apartment's heat. White wire is connected to what looks to be labeled "Common" Black...

Honeywell rth6300B for Heat Pump? [ 0 Answers ]

Can the Honeywell RTH6300B programmable thermostat be used on a carrier heat pump 38ycb o36300 model? The compatibility chart lists heatpump but a question that it not compatible with a heat pump with auxiliary heat... I do not know if my unit has this... thanks for your help and advice

Honeywell Pro Th411od [ 1 Answers ]

Should My Thermostats Panel Operate On The 2 Aa Backup Batteries Or Be Hardwired To Common And Have Batteries As Backup When Power Is Out? Panel Lights Up With Batteries In, Does Not Without Batteries. Don't Know Where Common Wire Originates From. Can I Splice Into One Of The Other Wires, G, Y,...

View more questions Search