Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greg Moody Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2006, 08:42 PM
    Replace Robertshaw 400 series with Honeywell programmable
    Cooling system does not work properly although the heating system works fine.

My thermostat is a Robertshaw 400 series installed by my home-builder in 1998. I was informed that the heating/AC system was a (dual) zone system with an upstairs thermostat.

I wish to replace this thermostat with a programmable Honeywell. I recently bought a Honeywell RTH6300B and installed it myself. The fan blows when the cooling mode is on but the compresor doesn't come on at all. I have two remaining wires, blue and brown.

Help! :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2006, 08:53 PM
    In a conventional furnace A/C system the thermostat switches power to the Y terminal when calling for cooling. Then a yellow wire connects it to the Y terminal at the furnace to activate the blower, and a pair of wires runs out to the outside compressor relay coil from the Y terminal and a B or C terminal at the furnace. Unless you have a heat pump, the blue and brown may not be used. If the above connections don't work, post back with more details, type of system, terminal markings at the thermostat and furnace or air handler, etc. I, or others, may or may not be able to help you figure it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RobertShaw 9420 Thermostat [ 8 Answers ]

My thermostat keep shutting off altogether. No reading or anything. After a day of so, it will click back on by itself. Usually when I've had the controls in the off position rather than cool or heat. Once it comes back to life I can turn the ac on but it normally goes out again within a few...

Wiring Honeywell Programmable Thermostat [ 10 Answers ]

I am having trouble figuring out the wiring for a new programmable thermostat installation. I moved into a barnd new house equipped with two Robertshaw Model 9400 Thermostats (one for each zone). I bought Honeywell RTH7500D programmable thermostats to replace them because I wanted programmable...

Honeywell Programmable Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Should My Thermostats Panel Operate On The 2 Aa Backup Batteries Or Be Hardwired To Common And Have Batteries As Backup When Power Is Out? Panel Lights Up With Batteries In, Does Not Without Batteries. Don't Know Where Common Wire Originates From. Can I Splice Into One Of The Other Wires, G, Y,...

Help to replace thermostat Honeywell T841a for Hunter 44155c [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to replace my T841a 1712 Non-Programmable Heat Pump Universal Thermostat for a Hunter Model 44155C, but I can't make the new unit work.:confused: The Honeywell thermostat has the following connections: Color Cable Terminal Blue -----> X Red -----> W2 ...

Need help wiring Honeywell programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 5-2 programmable Honeywell thermostat - replacing my old mercury unit. Have a spilt-system Bryant heat pump. Brown - Br Green - G White - W1 Blue - B Yellow - Y Red - R Connected G, W1, Y and R (not B, not Br). Heat works fine. Just switched to cooling and I only get hot air. Any...

View more questions Search