Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gjbaker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2006, 03:01 PM
    Ritetemp wiring
    This should be a fairly straightforward issue but I am having trouble getting my hands around it. I had a manual round thermostat and decided to upgrade to an electronic timer type. I purchased the Ritetemp 8050c. I have 2 wires coming out of the wall - Red and Black. No Air Conditioning or Heat pump - just an oil furnace with circulators. I used the diagram that showed 2 wires and connected the red to RH and the Black to W. There is a jumper in the thermostat between RH and Rc.

My problem is that the temperature stays too high. During the day when I have it cut back to 62 degrees I am in the low 70's on the thermostat temperature. If I go to the burner I can hear a humming from the circulator and the pipes are hot so I am wondering if somehow I am running the circulator even though I set it back to 62 degrees.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2006, 03:26 PM
    Can you get at the connections at the furnace when the circulator is running when the thermostat isn't calling for heat? If you have power between the black wire and the opposite terminal of the transformer from the red wire, the thermostat isn't working right. If the furnace is running when the black wire doesn't have power, a relay may be stuck. It may have decided to stick about the time you changed the thermostat.
    gjbaker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2006, 03:44 PM
    Thank you for the quick response. Of course the control box for this circulator is behind the furnace and is rusty and filthy on the outside but I will get back there with your instructions...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring help [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to hang a ceiling fan in our bedroom. We ran into some problems and had to put in a new electrical box causing us to cut some wires. We now have no way to connect these wires back up to complete connection. The wires are older and are the thick copper wires making the use of a wire...

Wiring Help [ 4 Answers ]

I'm wanting to run electric from garage to shed. Want to have an outlet always hot and a light controlled by a switch. How do I do this? Any help and diagram appreciated. :confused:

Help with wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I am building a vivarium and need some help re wiring plan. I am going to have a piece of board with 8 standard single wall plug sockets and switchs on it which will be attcahed to the back of the vivarium. Now I want to wire them so they can be used as normal but the only source of...

Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, I was tired when I posted the last thread. I meant to say a light was being feed by a 12 gauge wire from a 14 gauge line with a 15 amp breaker. Is this OK?

Wiring with 15 amp [ 1 Answers ]

In some work on my house, I noticed a light had 20 gauge wire feeding it from a 14 gauge line. The breaker on the 14 gauge is 15 amp. Is this type of hookup OK?

View more questions Search