Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsmoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Central air conditioning
    My central air unit does not "kick" on. The fan from the furnace and heat... does. There is a spark at the thermostat and the fuse box appears to be o.k. Any suggestions.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Have you checked the control board, there may be a reset switch-it may have overloaded-just press the switch.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Check fuses and breakers for the outside unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air conditioning problem [ 2 Answers ]

My central air conditioning unit seems to work well with normal air flow. On several occasions at night the inside coil has frozen allowing little air to pass. I have reset the thermostat to a higher setting allowing the coil to thaw and air flow returns to normal. The daytime temps have been in...

Central air conditioning unit [ 1 Answers ]

Fan motor on outside unit is always on even when set temperature is reached

Central Air Conditioning Watts [ 5 Answers ]

How many watts are in a typical 3 ton central A/C unit, 5 ton unit and 10 unit? Does Anyone know? I'm trying to figure out how much of my electricity bill is due to air conditioning and heating cost.

Central air conditioning unit auto shut off does not kick in [ 3 Answers ]

Our central air conditioner would not start. Since we had this covered under our utility provider's WorryFree Services program, they sent a technician to look into the problem. The technician had to replace something like a transformer which had died due to old age. The airconditioner runs now...

View more questions Search