Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hfields237 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 08:37 AM
    The furnace starts and blows hot air with the AC on!
    I installed a new thermostat about 6 months ago before winter. Everything worked well until I tried to turn the central air on a few days ago. The compressor outside turned on, and the blower turned on, and blew cold air for a few minutes. I went back and checked it and it was blowing hot air. I went into the basement to check and the furnace was lit. I checked all the wires and called Honeywell customer service. They said they problem was with the furnace. The furnace is only about 2 years old, and the central air about 3 years old. I only have 4 wires coming out, I don't know what could be wrong. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Check fuses and circuit breakers for the outside unit. If it ran for a few minutes and quit now it might have tripped the circuit or blew one of the fuses outside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blows hot air for 3 min. Then cold for 3 ? [ 4 Answers ]

Furnace blows hot air for about 3-4 min. (burners all firing nicely) then burners go out but air continues to blow (cold) for 3-4 min. All registers are open and the pressure is VERY strong (small house - 6 ports) cycle repeats about every 10 min. or so. Also, what would the black plastic bucket...

Furnace blows cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my furnace stopped heating my home. It is 3 years old & I did some minor troubleshooting. The filter is not clogged and the blower is circulating air normally. I checked inside the unit & the ignitor coil is heating and starting the gas jets burning, but they shut off after about 10...

Furnace blows cool air [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ducane gas furnace that has blown cool air ever since it was installed, which has been for at least 5 years now. The past owner of this house has covered the only cold air return in our living room floor and we have since opened or created a cold air return in the basement for the time...

Please help:Furnace still blows cold air... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, I posted my situation a few days ago with very little response, so I wanted to follow up again before calling out a technician. I have a Goodman gas furnace, about three years old. It has electronic pilot ignition, which works fine and will enable the burner flame... the problem is the...

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

View more questions Search