Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    betterjohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 11:24 AM
    How can I keep my room cold?
    Good day! I live in a tropical country and I want to ask for some help, on how could I keep my room cold? Because we have poor ventilation in my room and don't know how to keep it cold I have an electric fan but it still seems hot in my room,, What can I do regarding this problem?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 26, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Get a window A/C unit.
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

May 26, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Is your room up stairs by any chance??
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2008, 11:26 PM
    Do you have a window? My first answer would be window unit as well.
    boredINmind Posts: 87, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Aside from the previous ac units, I would also suggest getting either dark/think curtains to keep the light out or putting some kind of barrier up to cover the windows, depending on if you want to keep the possibility of looking out of them.

But from reading your question it sounds as if you don't have a window for ventilation! If this is the situation, you could get an "exhaust" fan in the attic especially if this is an up stairs room. Other than that and getting insulation installed, you will have to find a way to either get the air moving (ceiling fan) or cool the hot air that is inside the room.

I have seen on TV that they have some sort of ac unit that is put in the wall as opposed to installed in the window, maybe you should look around online for this type of product. I think it is designed by a major car company for some reason (don't quote me on that tho). Or you could cut a hole in the wall and use that for your ac instead of a window, I have seen a few people that do this and it doesn't look any worse that installing it in the window. But you would need to trim around it.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 27, 2008, 12:58 PM
    A ceiling fan will make a world of difference. You can also add a window fan or vent fan to exhaust stale air.

Frequently asked ceiling fan questions - Ceiling Fans N More
    blablaWoo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2010, 06:48 PM
    Well. I believe if you get enough ice, freeze it in a big, flat surface, such as a pan or cooking pot, if you set it in front of the fan, it would be as if u have an air conditioner. Make sure the fan is on hi and the ice is fully frozen for the air to last a while. When the ice has melted, refreeze it and do it all over again. Close the windows and open the doors for a great circulation. :) have a cool summer.

Well. I believe if you get enough ice, freeze it in a big, flat surface, such as a pan or cooking pot, if you set it in front of the fan, it would be as if u have an air conditioner. Make sure the fan is on hi and the ice is fully frozen for the air to last a while. When the ice has melted, refreeze it and do it all over again. Close the windows and open the doors for a great circulation. :) have a cool summer.

iFinestLeah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 06:44 PM
    First, put on some shorts and a tanktop. (Jeans and shirts only make it hotter) And grab something cold. (Like a beverage.) Keep yourself hidrated and cool. Next, try putting some ice in front of a fan. Make sure its frozen ALL the way(: So it won't drip or star melting. Put it in front of a fan and MAKE sure the fans on High! But, A/C always work too and so do ceiling fans. :D
    chocolatelovr19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 11:42 PM
    Okay so first put on a tank top and shorts . Then get a spray bottle and fill it with ice waer and keep spraying it on yourself at night put the fan on high speed and keep ice in front of it.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2012, 10:41 AM
    Nudity,, is sometimes a good answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold air blowing out in one room [ 2 Answers ]

I have a register that's blowing cold air, well cooler air. The room stays the coldest ,but it's the closest to the heater , any Ideas

Baby's room is very cold [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, would really appreciate any help on this. We built a new house with Minto a couple of years ago. We received possession in Dec 2005. We have a new baby and his room seems to be very cold over the other rooms in the house (I am checking to how much the temp. difference is as we speak)....

No hot water in one room, no cold water in another? [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up this morning and I have no hot water in my shower, the bathroom sink however is hot and cold water, and at the same time my kitchen sink has no cold water, screaming hot water only! I tried to let them both run and still nothing and I'm at a loss! And everything else is fine! Can someone...

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

View more questions Search