Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gracean11 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Can any teach me how to construct a traditional firewood oven?
    I need a big oven if ever I want to put up a bakery. However, I do not have the money to buy an industrial or commercial oven. Electricity rates are also high in where I come from. So maybe, I can construct my own firewood/ clay/ cement traditional oven. Anyone can help me how to do it, please do so?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2008, 11:27 PM
    I do admire your industriousness with which you will find a way for you to make a living! You are a person who is akin to my own heart!

The first thing to be considered here is, do you know if you had such a home-built oven that it would be okay for you to sell things that you would bake in it? Do you know if it would be okay to construct such a thing for commercial business purposes? I mean, what kind of rules would you have to follow with this where you live, please?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Yes, you will need to check with the local health inspector who will have to approve the machinary you use in your kitchen. Places that sell food to the public have pages and pages of laws, some places even require specific cleaning materials and for some items to be made of certain materials

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I open my oven my locked oven door [ 3 Answers ]

How can I open my locked oven door?

Firewood or Duralogs [ 1 Answers ]

I turn to my trusty experts again... Do I pay $150 for 2 rows of 4' x 4' firewood or do I buy duralogs (box of 6 for $20)? We aren't using it for heating, just aesthetic/ ambiance.

Moldy Firewood [ 1 Answers ]

I have obtained several packaged bundles of Kiln-dried firewood. Several pieces of the split wood have mold growing on them, olive drab in color. Are these safe to use in my fireplace?

Writing skills... case given.. re-write with good statement construct [ 1 Answers ]

1. Read the following document and revise it so it follows these guidelines. Be sensitive to audience needs, Projecting the company's image, control style with conversational tone, and appropriate voice, Choose strong words that will help create effective sentences and coherent paragraphs. Evaluate...

View more questions Search