Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Donsox Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 05:39 PM
    AC/Heating unit will not come on
    I attempted to replace an old York programmable thermostat with a Hunter thermostat. After installing the Hunter thermostat, my unit will now not come on. I checked the circuit breaker and it is on. What else do I need to check? Please tell me that I didn't blow my unit. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2006, 10:21 PM
    It would help to know what the thermostat operates, is it a furnace, an airconditioner or both. Is it a heat pump and if so it is all electric or does it have an alternative fuel.

Feb 13, 2006, 06:44 AM
    It operates both the AC and heat. It is electric.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Feb 13, 2006, 10:30 AM
    You have probably miswired the new thermostat. Double check the wiring diagram. I had a similar problem when installing a new Honeywell thermostat on a heat pump. Labman, the thermostat guru of this site, led me to find that I had fried the 24 volt transformer in the HP through my mistakes. A new transformer cost me about $11. Check to see if you are getting 24 volts from the red wire from the HP. Good luck.

Feb 13, 2006, 11:36 AM
    THANK YOU!! That is a relief!! I will check the transformer and red wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox A/C unit won't run [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, I'm hoping to get some pointers. I noticed last week that while the fan on the inside unit was running in my house, the outside Lennox (HL26 I think) was not running at all. I usually don't try to fix this kind of stuff myself, so I called a local HVAC/Electric company to come look at...

AC/Heating Unit Combo HELP [ 2 Answers ]

We have, I believe, a 2-ton Lennox AC/Heating roof-top unit. Lately, the unit was having trouble cooling the house, which is about 1,500 - 1,700 sq ft. We could set the thermostat to 68 degrees, and the house would only cool down to 80 degrees. Yesterday, the unit stopped blowing cold air...

Location for heating a/c unit [ 1 Answers ]

In a two story house is there any reason not to put the only heating and a/c unit on the second floor? Thank you

Air/Heating Unit (Electric) Suddenly stopped working [ 5 Answers ]

Hello In July we replaced the motor and the relay switch on the unit outside the house. The unit had been running fine. Sept. 14 it was a little muggy in the house so I turned the thermostat down to 72 to kick the air on. Nothing happened all I heard was a "click" which would normally start the...

View more questions Search