Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harryruiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 09:33 AM
    My Lux aire control board fuse blows.
    I have a heat pump systems a LuxAire made by York it is ony 4 year old the model number is: F2FP048H06G

I have isolate all t/stat wire in and tested for possible grownding with negative result. I did rung the A/H fan on on and works find but when I set the unit for cooling or heating it blows the fuse.What oder test I can do? To make sure that the control board is good and to find the problem?

Thanks Harry Ruiz
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 12:11 PM
    If you have done all the low voltage wires and they were disconnected when you tested them I would jumper or twist together just the two heating wires and see what happens. This way you will know if the thermostat is causing the problem.

If that test is negative I would start looking for a low voltage component that is defective in the system.

Also check the wiring going from the inside unit to the heat pump especially if you have a dog or other animals. Sometimes they will chew through the outside signal wires for the system and cause a short.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turning on AC blows control board fuse and 24v transformer [ 15 Answers ]

I read https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heating-air-conditioning/c-keeps-blowing-fuse-95884.html which was very informative. My issue is with a Carrier Weathermaster 8000 furnace and York AC. The heat works fine, the fan only works fine, I turn on the AC and the LED blinks code 34. I replace the...

Furnace control board fuse keeps blowing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Carrier furnace 48GS-036090311TP with a Honeywell T8401C thermostat. I can run the fan on continuously but when I put the Heat to ON on the T-stat, the 5 Amp fuse on the control board (LH33WP003A) in the furnace blows. The sequence is like this: 1. Fan only operation is running...

ICM271 Carrier Replacement board Fuse blows [ 4 Answers ]

My Furnace recently stopped working and the Furnace Fan stayed on constantly. I replaced the original Fan Control circuit board (HH84AA011) with a ICM271 drop in replacement board. Still nothing came on, not even the constant fan. I check the 120V-24V transformer and found no 24V output so I...

Turning on A/C blows 3amp fuse on circuit board [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help me. As stated in the title, when ever I turn the a/c on it blows the 3 amp fuse on the board. The system works fine with heat on. It's only when I activate the a/c does it burn. I have no idea what is causing the fuse to blow. Does anyone have any ideas of where I can...

Goodman controller board fuse blows [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMPN120-5, service guy replaced PCB in Aug due to A/C failure, root cause unkknown or not documented. Last week I turned on heat for first time this season, now nothing runs. Service guy returned, located blown 3A PCB fuse, replaced, still blows. Replaced fuse with 5A for testing...

View more questions Search