Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Readster Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Replacing Honeywell mercury with digital
    I need someone to please please please let me know first what model this is from honeywell. It does have both EM and Aux heat. The system is electric with a Heat Pump. Main heater/blower unit is York, and the pump is a newer Carrier.

My goal is to buy one of the newer Honeywell digital programmables with multiday and time programming - so I can set M-F for away but set Sat and Sun for home, would be nice if it had a vacation button that I can program as well for extended leave.

Please let me know which model I should consider ($$$$ isn't really an issue - I want the features and know they don't come cheap)

Thanks.
    Attached Images

hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 3, 2008, 07:53 PM
    All the information you want is here. The vision pro is a nice thermostat and it has many features to make life easier. I should tell you this now or you will find out later on your utility bill. Your heat pump is the most energy efficient part of your furnace. That is stage 1 of your two stage heat unit. Stage 2 is strait electric resistance heat and this costs big bucks to heat with. When you have a heat pump and set it back most of the time when you turn it back up not only does the outside heat pump come on but also that expensive resistance heat. This is because it takes a heat pump a long time to heat up your home so the ecpensive resistance comes on to help out. I actually do not recommend setting back heat pump systems because of that fact. Some of Honeywells digital thermostats offer a recovery lock out for the second stage heat which will help by not turning on the expensive resistance to help heat your house during recovery BUT remember a heat pump takes forever to recover without the resistance heat. There are to many selections for me to remember all that the different thermostats do so you will have to look at the pro product line to see which on will work for you. Remember you have a 2 stage heat and a single stage cooling in your house. I hope this has been of some help to you. Happy hunting.

Catalog
    JaneAddams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Readster
    I need someone to please please please let me know first what model this is from honeywell. It does have both EM and Aux heat. The system is electric with a Heat Pump. Main heater/blower unit is York, and the pump is a newer Carrier.

My goal is to buy one of the newer Honeywell digital programmables with multiday and time programming - so I can set M-F for away but set Sat and Sun for home, would be nice if it had a vacation button that I can program as well for extended leave.

Please let me know which model I should consider ($$$$ isn't really an issue - I want the features and know they don't come cheap)

Thanks.
    Digital Honeywell thermostats are great and by buying one your utility savings themsleves will pay for the thermostat. They have honeywell thermostats for wholesale prices at Honeywell : IAQ Wholesale, Honeywell and White-Rodgers Thermostats . All the information about each Honeywell thermostat is listed along with each item at IAQ Wholesale- Energy Efficient Programmable Thermostats You should be able to find whatever information you need to replace your old thermostat there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a mercury thermostat for a Hunter Model 44110 [ 3 Answers ]

I have just purchased a Hunter Programmable Thermostat Model 44110. I have taken out the front panel off my old thermostat and notices that my wires are red, white, yellow and green. The panel for the Hunter 44110 has the connections for G, Y, W and the RC and RH have a jumper. What do I do with...

Replacing White-Rodgers Thermostat with Honeywell Digital [ 7 Answers ]

I am replacing a 13 yr. old White-Rodgers Mechanical thermostat (couldn't find model # on website) with a Honeywell 5-1-1 Digital thermostat. The wiring was as follows for White-Rodgers: Green = G Yellow = Y White = W Red = RH jumpered to RC The Honeywell has terminals for

Honeywell mercury to a Honeywell programmable [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to change out my old thermostat which uses a mercury switch to a Honeywell ct2800 programmable thermostat. The old thermostat which is also a Honeywell has just 2 wires connected to it (one red and one grey)and none of the old terminal posts have any letter markings. There is no...

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

Converting mercury bulb thermostat to digital [ 3 Answers ]

I have a TRANE XL1200 Weathertron heat pump with auxiliary heat. It is controlled by a Trane 3AAT80A1A1 mercury bulb analog thermostat. I have purchased a RiteTemp 8050C digital programmable thermostat to replace it. The analog thermostat has wired terminals marked O,R,T,G,Y,X2,B,W and F. It...

View more questions Search