Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ratzil63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Goodman furnace will not light, 2 flash LED
    Hi, my name is mo from Arizona, my Goodman Model PGB furnace would not light. Pulled out the spark ignitor, flame sensor, ckecked voltage at gas valve, pulled out fuse, all of these parts looked and checked out OK. Turned the power on and the furnace worked fine. Remembering the LED was blinking 2 flashes, checked the trouble chart that said end switch open and repair Venter end switch. What should I do now, go buy a new Venter switch or forget about it till it quits the next time. It will be summer soon although the house cools off to about 60 F at night with no furnace. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading this. Mo
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ratzil63
    Hi, my name is mo from Arizona, my Goodman Model PGB furnace would not light. Pulled out the spark ignitor, flame sensor, ckecked voltage at gas valve, pulled out fuse, all of these parts looked and checked out OK. Turned the power on and the furnace worked fine. Remembering the LED was blinking 2 flashes, checked the trouble chart that said end switch open and repair Venter end switch. What should I do now, go buy a new Venter switch or forget about it till it quits the next time. It will be summer soon although the house cools off to about 60 F at night with no furnace. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading this. Mo
    See here
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf GOODMAN%20BLINKS.pdf (19.5 KB, 843 views)
    ratzil63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 07:09 AM
    hvac1000, thanks for the link, you are right, check the venter end switch which I can not find. Furnace still working good. Mo
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 09:06 AM
    It is the switch on the end of the vent motor. That is the little blower motor in front of the unit. Page 12 look at ES and VM for your answer.

http://site.famousparts.com/goodman/IO-148.pdf
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 07:25 PM
    The next thing to check is why did the vent limit switch trip. High winds in the area, restricted vent?
    PGB048075 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 08:56 PM
    Comment on hvac1000's post
    Goodman Furnace model PGB048075-1
    Is it possible that a bad high limit switch that causes the fan to constantly blow whenever power is applied. The coil was clog and air couldn't get through. I cleaned the coil and now I want to turn the furnace back on and see if it trips the limit switch now. Could you tell me how to turn the unit back on, cause our thermostat inside is not on unless the unit is on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman pilot light on but furnace burners will not come on? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Goodman furance that will not produce heat. The pilot light is on, the gas is released, but the burners will not kick in. Do you have any idea what is causing this problem.:confused: Scott's Chicago

Intermitant Furnace Problems - It'll flash but not light [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there... I've been having this problem with my furnace... it began the end of last year, I had a tech come and give my furnace a good cleaning, and it appeared to work fine but now that the cold has settled in the same problem is coming back. I have an Oil Furnace, about 11 years old "CLARE"...

Goodman Furnace - Won't Light, No Codes [ 3 Answers ]

Eleven year old Goodman gas furnace. The main vent blower will start, but that's where things end. The draft inducer motor doesn't start and nothing else in the chain obviously happens after that. The LED on the board stays red and never flashes any codes. I checked the voltage coming into...

Goodman GMP125-4 3 times light flash [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a old GMP125-4. That what's going on : Thermostat in my room sending signal to furnace.Motor starting work and then is nothing... I can see trouble code (flashing light) it is 3 flashes and long pause, again 3 flashes and pause... Do somebody know what that code is mean ? - I...

Goodman GMH8 heating unit - LED Led flash 4 times [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have just recently bought a Goodman GMH81155CNAG gas heating furnace. I find the manual is very unhelpful as far as diagrams and explanatory. The problem that I am having is when I closed the doors for the furnace, the heat would stop and only the blower running. The LED would flash...

View more questions Search