Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlraymer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Installing a noma 5+1+1 day Programmable Thermostat and I'm over heating
    Greetings,

I am replacing the original mercury thermo in the house we purchased about 6 months ago. After installing it to the best of my knowledge (I read the little booklet) I found that the furnace (a oil powered water heater which is pumped throughout the house) is heating up the house well above the thermostat settings. The thermostat is reading that it is too high, but it doesn't seem to tell the furnace to cool it.

So... as for the installation part of it, I had a black, green, yellow and red wire. (I do not have A/C in my house) I connected the black to B, the green to G the Yellow to Y and red I connected to Rh/Rc (bridged).

So... I was wondering if you could help keep me and my family (beautiful wife, a 2 yr old little girl, and a 5 week old son) comfortable at night.

It''' be -15 Celsius tonight, so as long as we have heat we'll live... but if it's pushing 30 C... we might melt.

Thanks in advance
    R
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 10:47 AM
    The best help/advice I have for you is to toss the noma thermostat and get a Honeywell model. Noma is a very cheap made thermostat and not near as accurate as a Honeywell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Noma programmable thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, like many others I have installed the NOMA Heating/Cooling programmable thermostat Model: 52-2570-6. It is replacing the old round-style analog mercury thermostat dial. The wiring connections on the old one were: Wire colour: RED -----------> R GREEN --------> G WHITE -------->...

Noma programmable thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to replace a conventional lever action mercury thermostat with a new digital programmable Noma thermostat. The problem is when it turns on the heat and fan works fine but when it reaches heating it shuts of but the fan stays on and will not shut off:confused:

Noma programmable thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

We have programmed the thermostat and it always jumps back to another setting. Can you help.

View more questions Search