Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamynnc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Furnace won't stay on
    I have a gas pump furnace that has been switched over to propane prior to me moving in.
    Replaced filters and thermostat, checked all fuses and junction box. a/c works and fan only works but when I turn it to heat - I get nothing. I removed panel and reset the switch - it stayed on for about 3-4 minutes and blew warm air but then turned off. Can anyone help me.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Has this unit ever worked correctly since the conversion?

Is the propane tank full?

Model and Brand of furnace?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Gas pump furnace?? Is it a heat pump with gas back up?(Duel fuel)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Was the reset in the outside unit?
    jamynnc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 07:14 AM
    I got it! I found the LED light which stated to check the pressure switch. I pulled the vacum hose off and found water inside. Tighted the pressure switch to the back panel, it was loose and leaning towards one side. Started it up and works great. Thanks for responding to my request and all the others. Even though it is not your problem you help a lot of people. Again thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman GMP100-3 Furnace won't Stay On. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Goodman Furnace (model # GMP100-3). The furnace will not stay running. Here is the sequence of events for two different scenarios that are occurring. Scenario 1 1. Thermostat Calls for Heat 2. Inducer starts 3. Pressure switch closes 4. Heating element glows 5. Burners...

Gas furnace pilot won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

About 1 month ago pilo light wouldn't stay lit so I replaced the thermocouple.. The unit worked fine for about 2 weeks. After that when relighting it would go out after 1 day or so. Bought a new thermocouple and this one would only keep the pilot lit for 1 to 2 hours. Reinstalled the thermocouple I...

LENNOX Furnace fan won't SHUT off? Won't come on on AUTO? [ 33 Answers ]

Lennox G12Qe series 1986... furnace lights and if I wire blower up to constant power will work.. but blows luke warm air out... Any ideas... blower will not come on unless I hook up constant to it..

Kerosene furnace won't stay running unless . [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kerosene furnace that needs to be bled every time in order for it to run what could be the problem (I have 1/4 tank of fuel ):confused:

Furnace Blower won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower not staying on. I can set my thermostat for say 74 degrees and the furnace will come on normally. I can hear and see the furnace on, but it takes roughly one minute (ive timed it) before the blower comes on. I know the minute delay is pretty normal;...

View more questions Search