Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teeghe Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Pilot light won't stay lit
    I have a Bryant Heater on upstairs ofmy central unit. I can light my pilot light and the unit will start heating. The it shuts off. The fan continues to blow and the heater still works, but the pilot light goes out and has to be re-lit. Is that the thermocouple? I have a Bryant 394had036050 series B. Serial # 3293a15950
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Is that the thermocouple?, ((yes )),probably,they are cheap and easy to replace
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 01:58 PM
    While you have it apart you might also clean the pilot orifice to be sure you get a good pilot flame.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pilot light won't stay lit [ 6 Answers ]

Help,I have two problems.. My upstairs furnace pilot light will light,and after holding down the pilot button for about 3-4 minutes(it says one minute,but it won't stay lit after only one)it stays,but will go out again in a day or two... The furnace for the downstairs won't light at all.. I can't...

Gas furnace pilot won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

About 1 month ago pilo light wouldn't stay lit so I replaced the thermocouple.. The unit worked fine for about 2 weeks. After that when relighting it would go out after 1 day or so. Bought a new thermocouple and this one would only keep the pilot lit for 1 to 2 hours. Reinstalled the thermocouple I...

Pilot light does not stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

My pilot light does not stay lit. I have to light it 2 or 3 times everyday. Is it the igniter or the thermocouple?

Tempstar electronic pilot won't stay lit! [ 9 Answers ]

I have a tempstar sp80 furnace. Last heating season I started having problems with the pilot not working. If I wiggle the ignition harness the pilot would light and stay on until the temperature matched the thermostat then would not turn back on when the temp dropped. Now when I wiggle the harness...

Lennox whisperheat pilot won't stay lit after combustion [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox whisperheat furnace with electronic ignition.It clicks and lights the pilot for about a second (with a pretty blue flame)then it clicks and the pilot goes out.I know the clicking is a gas valve working,but other than that I don't know.Why won't it stay lit and ignite?Your help would...

View more questions Search