Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wannabe plumber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Hot water baseboard
    I want to change a hot water baseboard heater what is the steps imust take thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 22, 2008, 04:53 AM
    Turn off boiler power.
    Secure fill valve and Drain boiler water.
    Remove old section of baseboard.
    Replace with new.

NOTE if you do not replace a section you will have to see how it is piped. Many times baseboard is piped to more than one piece. If you do not reconnect the two lines for the old heater the others may not work .

Note if they are not piped to different and this board has its own feed then you can probably cap it off.

You might have to have someone that knows what they are doing check to see how your system is piped.

Refill boiler and bleed air out of system.

Turn on and check for proper operation.

I am sure I am missing a item or two but this is the basics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseboard water pipe noise [ 5 Answers ]

Every time my base board heating system starts up the baseboard in our master bedroom bangs for awhile. Loud single bang about every 20 seconds for several minutes then it will start. Recently we had pressure relief valve on furnace replaced as it was leaking. Noticed today that it is leaking...

Hot water baseboard heating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 zone baseboard hot water heating system. When the thermostats call for heat and the zone valves open, there is a loud thumping and the pipes vibrate. This is a momentary problem when the valve first opens and has only recently happened. The system is 2 years old with no other problems.

Oil hot water baseboard system [ 1 Answers ]

I own a rental home which has an oil hot water baseboard heating system. While inspecting the basement where the boiler, etc is located, I noticed that very few of the hot water pipes going to the baseboard heating system upstairs were supported by copper straps. Is this normal?

Hot water baseboard [ 1 Answers ]

When the heat is turned on, water is heard rushing through the pipes. The boiler is gas fired.

View more questions Search