Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jawwak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Leviton PR150 Motion LIght Control Flickers light instead of keeping them on
    Hello,

I installed a Leviton Motion Sensor Light Control (PR150). In the on position it works fine, the lights are one. But on auto it seems to only flicker the lights. They do not get to full brightness and they flash. It looks like the sensor is also acting weird as the LED light on the swith flashes at the same time as the lights?

Is this just a faulty switch or did I wire something up wrong. Also does the ground wire matter, as I do not have a ground wire to attach it to.

Jared
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Is it a fluorescent bulb? May be the problem. The ground wire should not affect operation.
    Should be connected.
    Jawwak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando
    Is it a flourescent bulb? May be the problem. The ground wire should not affect operation.
    Should be connected.
    It isn't a fluorescent bulb. When I originally saw the results, I thought that it was a fluorescent bulb and then took down the light cover and was surprised to see normal light bulbs in there.

I have never seen this kind of thing happen with incadescent bulbs. The fact that it works fine when turns on makes me think it is soemthing wrong with the switch itself.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Sounds like the switch. Maybe remove and test on bench with a lamp or something to verify not the wiring.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Feedback can do it too. If the light turns on and is seen by the photocell, the light flickers. Cover the photocell with black tape and trigger motion after waiting the appropriate delays to test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Patio light flickers with CFL when the lights are off! [ 12 Answers ]

There are 2 lamps in the front entry way. The following conditions are all true while the LIGHTS ARE TURNED OFF. When I put in compact fluorescent light bulbs in both lamps they both begin to flicker (when facing the house, the one on the left flickers more). If I put in a 100 w or 60 watt...

Light switch won't control light [ 2 Answers ]

I took down a ceiling fan and connected a new chandelier. Very basic white from light to white in ceiling, black from light to black from ceiling, ground to ground. There is also a pink wire from ceiling that I just capped. When I turned the fuse back on the light came on but the wall switches...

Can you use 2, 3-way Leviton PR180 motion sensors together? [ 17 Answers ]

I am thinking of ventilating 2 separate bathrooms with one attic-mounted Panasonic inline fan. I wanted to install a timer in bathroom A and a timer in bathroom B to control the fan. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a 3-way timer. The idea of using 2 timers in a parallel circuit crossed...

Hampton bay light flickers [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light fixture, and the light flickers a bit. This is a unit with a wall switch remote with receiver in the canopy, and the bulb is a 100w halogen. I suspect the receiver unit is causing the problem, but wondered if anyone out there has an idea? ...

View more questions Search