Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goatheadsoup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 12:36 PM
    How do I remove a wood burning stove from my home?
    Just purchased a house with a wood burning stove in the basement. I have a few little ones running around and I just don't see the use for it, so I'm looking to remove it. The hole is drilled right through the concrete wall in the basement and the stack runs right up the side of the house. How do I plug in this whole once the stove is removed from the inside and the stack is removed from the outside. As I'll have a whole in the wall of my basement. I've gone to a few fireplace outlets looking for a wood plug or something to stick in and silicone around, but there doesn't seem to be anything available.

Does anyone have an idea to fix this problem without too much damage?

Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Mix yourself up a batch of concrete and plug it in the hole. Get a metal cap the same size as the hole and us it if you do not like the concrete idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood burning stove blower thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new blower fan for my buck wood burning stove insert and the thermostat that used to have 3 speeds high, med & low now only works on high. I figure I hooked the wires up wrong when I got the new blower fan. Any suggestions on the wiring? Eric

Wiring thermostat to wood burning stove [ 1 Answers ]

Thank You Mike, What I did was just hooked up a squirrel cage with a motor to the wood burner. Now I want to make it run off a thermostat. Just have the two wires coming off the motor.

Wiring thermostat to wood burning stove [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wood burning stove in my pole barn. I have add a blower to it and want to control the blower to turn on & off by way of a thermostat. Could anyone help me with this?

Removing a wood burning stove [ 1 Answers ]

Help! When we brought this townhome it came w/a wood burning stove in the fireplace. It is ugly to us and we would like to remove it. Can we just leave the "hole" and still burn wood?

View more questions Search