Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dorsia Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Trane xl80
    The heater will run for awhile and then I will get the @ Flashes code!
    External Lockout (Retries or Recycles Exceeded) What will solve this problem?
    Dorsia
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 2, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Dorsia, are you mechanically inclined? If so maybe we can walk you through it. Respond back.

Jan 2, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Yes I'll give it a try! Dorsia

Jan 2, 2008, 11:15 AM
    OK, with a 3" long piece of either duct tape or electrical tape, get in front of the system and look through a small viewing port found on the bottem front access panel. Write down the number of blinks. I am going to assume you see 2 blinks. Open the front of the furnace and tape down the door switch. If there is a call for heat (and there should be) the heating system will attempt to start. You should notice that the circuit board will blink rapidly (about every 1/2 second). Then within a few seconds a black motor will start. Next there should some clicking noises coming from the circuit board. Then you should see an orange glow. After a few seconds you should hear a click fron the gas valve (aluminum square). Then the orange glow should turn to blue. This blue is the burners. Do this and get back to me what you found.

Jan 2, 2008, 01:00 PM
    The furnace ran through 2 ten minute cycles than it shut down and went to the #2 code again! Dorsia

Jan 2, 2008, 01:15 PM
    It's tough diagnosing an intermittent problem over the net. Call your heating technician and inform him everything you experienced, Sorry I could not be much help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL80 TUD100R948K furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 2 stage furnace just installed and in the manual it mentions that the blower motor speed can be adjusted by the spped taps wiring. It has 4 wires black, yello, red and blue. And there is a terminal called "PARK". Which has the yellow wire connected to it and then RED to LO HEAT...

Where is the filter on my Trane XL80? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, please don't laugh. I've read the owner's manual and the Trane site a couple times now. It's totally gobbledygook to me. So here are my silly questions: --The manual talks about upflow, upflow installed horizontally, and downflow. Our unit has the "grated" part on the bottom, which I...

Trane XL80 upgrade to 90K [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 60K furnace with no air conditioning. It is about 15 years old. I want to upgrade the furnace to a 90K which I remember was supposed to be easy to do by simply replacing the jets with larger 90k units. But now the furnace installation company (original factory approved...

Trane Xl80 Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Keep getting the blinking light on the control panel. Flashes 4 times it say's it means that the thermal protection device is open. O.K. what does that mean . And can I fix or do I have to call a repair man Thanks Jimmyd

View more questions Search