Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vic119 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Goodman GMP125-4 starts up but does not ignite
    I have a Janitrol / Goodman GMP125-4 gas furnace. Two years ago we replaced the motor, capacitor and the venter blower assembly. Last year (Nov 2006) we replaced the thermostat with a Honeywell programmable thermostat and then followed that with replacing the original integrated circuit module with a new one. Right now - when the thermostat calls for heat, the venter blower turns on, followed the gas turning on but I don't see the igniter going on. After a three tries it shuts off then tries about 30 minutes later. The red LED on the integrated circuit module is a slow but constant blinking. According to the back of the blower door (lower) this means "improper polarity" and or "twinning fault." Any info will be appreciated.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Sounds like you need a igniter,, kill the power to furnace at the breaker box,wait a few seconds and turn back on,it should start the sequence again,, 1st the induction motor comes on,the igniter should come on next,then the gas valve open up,if the igniter doesn`t work the gas valve won`t open,, goodmans are pretty tuff on igniters,for some reason

Dec 16, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Thank you - you are right on track. I shut off the power and removed the igniter assembly. It appeared to have arched over causing a short. It definitely needs to be replaced. I will also replace the flame sensor while I am at it. Again, thanks a lot.

Dec 17, 2007, 08:29 AM
    I changed the igniter assembly and the flame sensor and everything is working great. It looks like the arch in the igniter assembly caused the constant blinking red LED / fault code.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace will not ignite [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I just bought this goodman furnace Followed the directions to convert it to lp gas. Put it on so the heat will kick on. The blower blows and the ignitor glows but doesn't ignite the flame. Now I lit it with a torch it lights but it is a horrible yellow flame. Does anybody have any...

Ignitor will not ignite [ 7 Answers ]

I have a intertherm honeywell furnace about 6 years old and the ignitor will not ignite so furnace will not turn on... I put in a new ignitor in but still will not ignite... Is anybody out there familiar with this problem and can direct me in the right direction... Thank you very much... Paul

Inducer motor starts running, but ignition never starts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Payne Gas forced air furnace, and it's behavior has changed in the last couple of days, where it never gets past the Inducer motor cycle. When we turn on the thermostat (or even jumper across the "R" and "W" leads on the furnace controller) the inducer motor starts running and keeps...

Goodman GMP125-4 3 times light flash [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a old GMP125-4. That what's going on : Thermostat in my room sending signal to furnace.Motor starting work and then is nothing... I can see trouble code (flashing light) it is 3 flashes and long pause, again 3 flashes and pause... Do somebody know what that code is mean ? - I...

View more questions Search