Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FSHDREEMR96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2005, 08:19 AM
    Honeywell Pro Th411od
    Should My Thermostats Panel Operate On The 2 Aa Backup Batteries Or Be Hardwired To Common And Have Batteries As Backup When Power Is Out?
    Panel Lights Up With Batteries In, Does Not Without Batteries. Don't Know Where Common Wire Originates From. Can I Splice Into One Of The Other Wires, G, Y, W To Connect To C Terminal?

Thanks.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2005, 08:33 AM
    Batteries are used as a backup to not lose settings when power is off. The stat should have a common wire. It is usually blue and in you case connected to C terminal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a Honeywell CT87A 4447 thermostat this summer. It worked fine with my air conditioning, but I am having a problem with it controlling my furnace. It will turn the furnace on and I can turn the fan on manually, but when set to auto the fan does not come on. The thermostat has the...

Honeywell RTH230B [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a very old thermostat, White-Rodgers 135-415, which I'd like to convert to a Honeywell RTH230B. Currently there are only 3 wires that are connected to the thermostat (which is only for my apartment's heat. White wire is connected to what looks to be labeled "Common" Black...

Honeywell RTH 230 B programming [ 1 Answers ]

Our thermostat has capability to program for 4 "zones" or times. We have cleared zones 2, 3, & 4 and only wish to use zone 1 for A/C. When reducing the temperature setting in zone 1 below the actual temperature in an effort to get the A/C to kick in, the thermostat will revert to Zone 4 (by...

RTH7500D honeywell help please [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a Honeywell RTH7500D and am trying to install it, but (as appears to happen frequently) the wiring guide in the install manual does not match the wire labels from the old, non-programmable Stat. What I have in the OLD one: V RH RC G Y

Honeywell RTH230B [ 6 Answers ]

I am installing a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat but am not sure of the wiring. I have 6 wires colored as follows, red, green, white, yellow, and 2 blue wires. Please advise?

View more questions Search