Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3 thumbs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Installing a New Thermostat
    I am replacing a thermostat on a carrier a/c heat pump unit model # 40AQ036330EH.
    The new hunter digital thermostat I choose works fine with A/C, But when I switched it to heat, the unit runs constantly.
    I have tried resetting the thermostat to default settings to no effect.
    I cannot locate a wiring diagram for the carrier unit.

I'm hoping its just a wire not connected to the proper terminal.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks

Tom
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 23, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Check the sticky notes at the beginning of this board for wiring information on the thermostats.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 08:11 AM
    The wiring diagram is on the air handler panel, look on the inside of the panel.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Your lucky the hunter stat worked as long as it has,, have had nothing but bad luck with them,, but you could be one of the lucky ones

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Programmable thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

We have moved into a home that had no furnace, and we are installing a carrier brand furnace, and have a programmable thermostat to install. We have had this thermostat for a while, so I have lost the installation instructions. Every thing I have found on the net say to label the wires when...

Installing a new thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

My old thermostat is a Carrier and says "Heat Pump System Control" it does not have a model # and is probably 20 years old. I have a new thermostat which is a LUX TX9000. I removed the old thermostat and there are eight wires all of which are connected They are as follows: w2 - Brown ...

Installing thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My old thermostat on my heat pump and firmish has 7 wire on it greem,white, lue,orange,yellow,cold,red. I am trying to install a programmable thermostst, where does all the wires go?? I am lost thank you waiting your ans.

Installing a thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to install a thermostat for a heat convector... There are three wires entering the box. 1 is from the power sourse, the 2nd goes to a plug and the third wire, I imagine goes to the heat convector. How do I connect to my new honeywell, two wire connection thermostat? Do I...

Installing a Programmable Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old Carrier thermostat and want to install a new programmable thermostat. The thermostat has 5 wires (red, yellow, green, blue and white). All of the programmable thermostats only instruct you on how to install with 3 or 4 wires. Does anyone have a suggestion on a...

View more questions Search