Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcasola Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Goodman gas furnace blowing cold air
    Hi, my furnace is about 1 1/2 yrs. Old and has worked well up until now. I change the filters regularly but it seems to be blowing cool air. Last winter (our first one in this new house) it functioned flawlessly and this fall all was well up until a few days ago. I don't know much about gas furnaces as my previous experience was with oil fired hot water units. Got any ideas that might help, it's starting to get cold here in upstate NY?
    Csantiag Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kcasola
    Hi, my furnace is about 1 1/2 yrs. old and has worked well up until now. I change the filters regularly but it seems to be blowing cool air. Last winter (our first one in this new house) it functioned flawlessly and this fall all was well up until a few days ago. I don't know much about gas furnaces as my previous experience was with oil fired hot water units. Got any ideas that might help, it's starting to get cold here in upstate NY?
    There are a couple of things to check. First of all look at your thermostat. You probably have a fan switch that has two settings on it (auto, on) In ON mode the blower will blow air to circulate it but will not generate heat. In auto mode the blower will only blow when the furnace is on. Since it is a new unit hopefully that's all it is.
    If the thermostat is set to auto then I would suggest looking at the furnace when it is turning on and see if you can see/hear the burners without taking anything apart. If they are not kicking over you will not get heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concord 80 plus gas furnace- Blowing cold air & LED Flashes 4 times [ 4 Answers ]

I am a new home owner and have never dealt with a newer furnace. I woke up and the furnace was blowing out cold air. The LED inside of the furnace flashes four times which says 'Limit or Rollout Switch Open' I honestly have no idea what that means and I really do not have the money for a...

Gas Furnace blowing cold air. [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently moved into a new house that has a gas furnace ( forced air) in it and we just had to replace the ignitor. Well now its finally working but when its on and blowing warm air after a few minutes it starts to blow out cool air! I just need to know if I need to adjust anything on...

Goodman furnace ECM motor blowing too much air? [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a Goodman GMV95 two speed gas furnace with ECM fan motor last fall. It functioned perfectly last winter, cutting my natural gas bill almost in half. When I installed the unit, I set it for 720 cfm (my ductwork is a little small for 95% efficient equipment) and verified the airflow by...

Gas furnace blowing cold air (Bryant 310AAV) [ 5 Answers ]

Folks, Could really use some help/advice. I have a Bryant 310AAV gas furnace installed in our home. This is new construction (4 years old) so I assume it's one of the new furnaces that does NOT have a pilot. Here is the problem: The furnace is not blowing any hot air. I've turned the...

View more questions Search