Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    egglesh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Trane furnace - no heat, constantly running
    I have a Trane XE 80. The furnace constantly runs without the burners on. However, I don't believe it is the fan that is running. I turn the fan off at the thermostat, however, it continues to run. The only way to shut it off is throw the breaker.

Once I throw the breaker and leave it off for a couple of minute and turn the breaker back on, the furnace will kick on, the burners light, then the fan comes on. After a while the fan and burners go off but the furnace is still "running". Consequently, the temp in the house goes down.

I've had a similar problem in the past where the burners wouldn't stay lit. I would just shut down the furnace and clean the flame sensor. I would turn it back on and it would be fine.

Any ideas?
    montyg Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by egglesh
    I have a Trane XE 80. The furnace constantly runs without the burners on. However, I don't believe it is the fan that is running. I turn the fan off at the thermostat, however, it continues to run. The only way to shut it off is throw the breaker.

Once I throw the breaker and leave it off for a couple of minute and turn the breaker back on, the furnace will kick on, the burners light, then the fan comes on. After a while the fan and burners go off but the furnace is still "running". Consequently, the temp in the house goes down.

I've had a similar problem in the past where the burners wouldn't stay lit. I would just shut down the furnace and clean the flame sensor. I would turn it back on and it would be fine.

Any ideas?
    I am having a similar problem with my xe90. Have youlooked at the "code light" and counted how many flashes you are getting from it? There should be a sticker inside the door describing the code. This will help a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evcon furnace with motor constantly running [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have an evcon gas furnace in my mobile home, and it works fine, heats up and blows warm air, the problem is that the motor runs constantly, its very annoying(the blower does not go all the time only when it is heating). I was wondering if this is a hazzard that I should be worried...

1995ish York Gas Furnace Running, pilot on, no heat [ 4 Answers ]

I tried to start my furnace this morning and all seemed to come on except for the main burners. The pilot was out so I started that, the blower came on as before, but still no main burners. I had the thermostat replaced at the end of March. I believe this York is from 1995 and the model # is...

A/C furnace running, but heat pump fan does not turn [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Lenox Elite 13 heat pump; the furnace inside the house is running. But I notice that the heat pump fan does not turn. When I go to inspect the H/pump, I hear a noice coming from the h/pump, like there is power. Someone told me that it could be my run capacitor? I removed the Run...

No heat, blower runs constantly, carrier gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

This am we I got up the blower on my carrier series 100 gas furnace (approx 10 years old)was running and blowing out cold air. Even with the thermostat turned to off the blower runs constantly. The only way to stop the blower from running is to turn the switch on the side of the furnace to off or...

Running furnace fan without heat [ 5 Answers ]

I read some of the other similar posts. I am encouraged that there is a way to do without a spot for the green wire. Labman, could you give me directions on how you to accomplish this. Thanks so much! Nate

View more questions Search