Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shereaseriley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Beckett oil furnace
    I have an oil furnace... recently, I had a contractor come out to take a look at it. The furnace is tied into my central air conditioning system and the contractor told me that I had a blown computer box on the base of the unit and that it would need to be replaced (for $290 not including labor).

Is there a place that I can get the original diagram of what this furnace actually looks like so that I don't have to take it apart and is there a place that I can purchase parts for this unit?

I totally need help a.s.a.p... :confused:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 08:04 PM
    If you can post some pictures it will help. Especially a pic of the alleged defective item.

Also if there is a part name and number that would also be helpful. Just saying it is a computer box really tells us nothing. Also does this computer box have a red push button?
    jsneeze Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 04:04 PM
    My beckett furance won't lite
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 04:13 PM
    You need air, oil, and spark for the burner to light off. Which one are you missing? Do you have oil?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beckett oil furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I recently switched from oil to gas in the house, and rather then get rid of the oil system, I decided to install in the garage. The system used to be a 2 line feed but have only one to it now the other being closed. The furnace will fire up, however fuel is spraying out from the inside near the...

Oil furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am new at this and I wanted to ask someone and maybe I can get somewhere.. I Have an oil furnace and it keeps wanting to reset all of the time I can run for about an hour and then blower will come on and then after that it will run for a little (2 min) and then shut off and won't come back on...

Will McLean Oil Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have an original Will McLean Oil furnace and a plumber told me that they came with A lifetime guarantee and if anything goes wrong with the boiler, it is replaced at no charge by the company. Does anyone know if this is true? Does anyone know how to contact the company because I cannot find...

Gas Furnace vs. Oil Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have an oil furnace with CAC that needs to be replaced in a 30 year old house. Keep the Oil system or replace with Gas? What Brands for each?

Lennox oil furnace [ 3 Answers ]

What is the proper procedure for cleaning a oil furnace, such as cleanouts to heat exchangers and where could I find a exploded view of a lennox oil funace

View more questions Search