Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goobie625 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 09:28 AM
    My furnace will not stay lit
    I have a Trane XL80 furnace. I have manually started the furnace and at the time the burners will light and continue to fire for about 5 minutes then they act like they are being blown out. The LED light at the time of start up begins to blink 4 fast blinks. The blower continues to blow cold air even after the flames go out. Any ideas of what could be wrong?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 10:28 AM
    If they act like they are being blown out you better get your heat exchanger checked. This could be a dangerous situation.

Nov 12, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Actually I don't hear them get blown out they just seem to go out.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 12:21 PM
    I just went by what you said

((they act like they are being blown out))

Look at the sticky notes in the beginning of this board and look for the legend on blinks on the diagram on the door of the furnace.

Nov 13, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Thank-you for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace pilot won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

About 1 month ago pilo light wouldn't stay lit so I replaced the thermocouple.. The unit worked fine for about 2 weeks. After that when relighting it would go out after 1 day or so. Bought a new thermocouple and this one would only keep the pilot lit for 1 to 2 hours. Reinstalled the thermocouple I...

Furnace will not stay lit [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Ruud 50,000 BTU furnace and the furnace lights but the flame goes out about ten seconds after burners kick on. The yellow light never lights up during entire process. The green light is always on and does not blink. I cleaned the flame sensor with fine sandpaper and re-installed after...

Gas Furnace will not stay lit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a furnace that's about 30 yrs old. The pilot stays lit and it kicks on for about 30 seconds and then blows out along with the pilot light. We have vacuumed out the flue and the whole furnace with no results

GE Furnace won't stay lit [ 4 Answers ]

We've got an old (25y.o.) GE mod #BLD106F furnace, and it refuses to stay lit. The igniter will ignite the gas, then as soon as the spark goes out, the gas shuts down. Ends up sounding like woof woof woof. We replaced the Pilot Detector to no avail. To make matters more confusing, it will lite...

Furnace won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

Our Heil Furnace pilot light won't stay lit. When pilot knob is turned on, we can ignite the flame, but as soon as we release knob the pilot light goes out. We also replaced the thermo coupling and it still did not stay lit/worked. Could it be the valve/knob? Would any one have any suggestions?

View more questions Search