Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fledgling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Nordyne heater flashing light indicates pressure swithc open.
    LED is indicating that pressure switch is open with inducer on. We checked for any clogs in the intake and exhaust and there is nothing. What else could it be?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Its not uncommon for a pressure switch to stick a little bit at the first part of heating season when your furnace is first used. You can tap on it with a screw driver while the inducer motor is running to help it close. You can blow and suck lightly on the rubber tube going to the switch to help loosen up the switch inside. Make sure the collector box has no restriction by lowing on the other end of tube. If it's a 90% furnace and the condensate line is clogged the pressure switch will not close.
    fledgling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Thanks T. I don't know what we did, but we did what you said to do, and it seems to have worked. My other question is if this keeps happening, then what? Is this a temporary fix, shuld we get a call out to the repair man?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check engine light flashing [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Guys , I have a serious problem with my car... its a honda accord 98 ex vtec engine , 4cyl manual gear . Recently my check engine light came on and now my light starts flashing on and off repeatedly . I don't know what actually is wrong with then today , I could hardly move instead the...

Nordyne Furnace. Red Status Light. [ 3 Answers ]

Keeps double blinking. I found the error in tha manual and it states "Pressure Switch Open with Inducer On". I think I found the Pressure switch but I don't see any knob, buttons or anything to adjust. So what's the fix? It's getting a little chilly in here. :rolleyes:

Nordyne Furnace "burner limit circuit open", during A/C operation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Hope this makes sense and required info is present. Any help or suggestions is appreciated, thanks. Furnace brand is Nordyne, about 3 years old, cooling portion model# of unit is JS3BA-036KA. This issue started last week. The A/C still works, but now the blower portion? Doesn't shut...

Nordyne heater fan not working right [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a 1991 mobile home with a heater of the same age. The furnace is a Nordyne Intertherm model MGHA 056ABFC-01 Forced air and natural gas heater. The problem is with the fan I turn the thermostat up to turn the furnace on. Once the burner heats up the fan turns on, The fan...

Power light flashing. [ 1 Answers ]

The power light on my MESH tower is flashing. Why?

View more questions Search