Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbb1967 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Installing Honeywell RTH6300B but I have 7 wires.
    I have a York t-stat for a York system and purchased the 6300. My York t-stat has 7 wires (W, B, G, R, X, O, Y). Of those, the Honeywell instructions indicate that the 6300 will use C, G, W, Y, R, and possibly O or B. It says that if you have both O and B that you should install O and tape up B and not use it.

But it appears that W and O would be installed in the same slot.

Any ideas?

jbb
    evolkmar Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2008, 07:41 PM

You must follow the diagram since they know what their product have to replace in the market. Most thermostats use 5 conductors and O and B are bull ox, LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell rth6300B heating won't come on [ 2 Answers ]

I've wired in a new honeywell rth6300b that's controlling gas heating with air conditioning. I'm confident that the wiring is correct as I followed the installation instructions, but when I set the system to AUTO HEAT and set a high temperature, it makes a loud click but doesn't fire up. If I do...

Honeywell RTH6300B, 6 wires and no clue [ 5 Answers ]

I took out a hunter programmable and replaced it with a honeywell. Heat worked fine but air won't work now. I have 6 wires red, orange, yellow, white, green, black. I have green in G, White in W, and red in R. I have yellow, orange, and black and Y and Rc left. What do I do? Is there a way to use a...

Honeywell RTH6300B Thermostat setup [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Honeywell RTH6300B to replace a Honeywell 3-wire thermostat. The wiring on the old thermostat is: Red wire – R terminal White wire – Y terminal Green wire – W terminal There are no other wires. The system is an oil burner with hot water baseboard heating. There...

Honeywell RTH6300B [ 2 Answers ]

I'm kind of confused about the wiring, I have an old thermostat that I'm trying to replace but the wiring on it is different from what they have on the manual. The wires that are connected to the terminals are R, O, G, & Y which at the same time wrapped around the W terminal. How do I match the...

Honeywell rth6300B for Heat Pump? [ 0 Answers ]

Can the Honeywell RTH6300B programmable thermostat be used on a carrier heat pump 38ycb o36300 model? The compatibility chart lists heatpump but a question that it not compatible with a heat pump with auxiliary heat... I do not know if my unit has this... thanks for your help and advice

View more questions Search