Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    choff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Replacing a mercury thermostat for a Hunter Model 44110
    I have just purchased a Hunter Programmable Thermostat Model 44110. I have taken out the front panel off my old thermostat and notices that my wires are red, white, yellow and green. The panel for the Hunter 44110 has the connections for G, Y, W and the RC and RH have a jumper. What do I do with my red wire? Do I unhook the RC/RH jumper?
    Please help!!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 09:04 PM
    The red wire should jumper and connect to both the RC and RH terminal.
    dj.unlimited Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 07:36 AM
    My thermostat is an old mercury Honeywell with 2 wires. Red and white. I am installing a hunter 44110. Where do I hook the red and white wires
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dj.unlimited View Post
    Where do I hook the red and white wires
    If it is for heat only: RH & W

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter Thermostat Model #47300 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I want to install a Hunter Thermostat 47300, however, the instructions call for the existing wiring as a green, red and white. My old wiring is brown, blue and teal colored. I don't want to hook up until I understand the wire coloring. The condo was built in 1972 and I only need to get...

Wiring a hunter 44110 5-2 programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Am trying to install a new programmable thermostat and I am having problems. My old thermostat had the following wires: white, orange, red, green yellow and blue. The new Hunter thermostat has places for RH, RC, G, Y and W. I have tried several different configurations and cannot get the a/c to...

Hunter thermostat 44110 [ 2 Answers ]

I have hot water baseboard heat, and installed the hunter digital thermostat 44110, and followed the directions as directed, I had had wires W, Y and RH, I marked and installed Each of the wires, and put them where they were marked on the thermostat. I felt well and all of the lights ( temp,...

Hunter 44110 Programmable Thermostat Wiring HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

My current thermostat has the following six wires, hooked as follows: Orange to O Green to G Yellow to Y1 Red to R Black to C White to W1 I am attempting to install the Hunter Programmable thermostat, which only gives me 5 placements for wires:

Thermostat Replacement Honeywell 890121 - Hunter 44110 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! Need help to replace an old Honeywell model 890121 with a Hunter 44110 My existing (Honeywell 890121) wiring: Brown - C Green - G Yellow - Y --jumpered to--W Red - R White - O Hunter 44110:

View more questions Search