Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artanis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Wood
    I have a concrete wall that starts at about 8 feet and declines to about a foot in a diagonal manner.

Along this wall and flush with it are aluminum braces that secure an inground pool.

I want to put up a wood trellis so that it covers the ugly braces.

I believe that I can screw the wood into pre-drilled holes in the aluminum, but how do I secure the wood to the top of the concrete wall?

What type of tools will I need?
    Thanks.

Artanis
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 11:22 AM
    A hammer drill(or rotary hammer) is used to drill out holes big enough for the lead anchors which in turn bolt down the wood sub.

Also,there are a good number of alternate anchors available in all home building stores,which will enable you to adhere a board to concrete,gluing is also a good idea,even if your anchoring it down(for permanent applications.)

You can rent a hammer drill from some hardware stores,or a rental shop in your area.
    artanis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artanis
    I have a concrete wall that starts at about 8 feet and declines to about a foot in a diagonal manner.

Along this wall and flush with it are aluminum braces that secure an inground pool.

I want to put up a wood trellis so that it covers the ugly braces.

I believe that I can screw the wood into pre-drilled holes in the aluminum, but how do I secure the wood to the top of the concrete wall?

What type of tools will I need?
    Thanks.

Artanis
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood Staining [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had a headboard stained and after the topcoat dried it was very sticky to the touch. The same products were used earlier on other furniture with not problem. What causes this? How can I get rid of the sticky residue?

Fungus and wood [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought an older home with an upstairs shower that had been leaking into the framing below it. The section 1 pest report notes "fungus and rot decay" to the wood members below it, and recommends replacing all the damaged framing. However, inspecting this framing myself reveals wood that has...

Type of wood [ 2 Answers ]

Type of wood destroying insect is a: a. carpenter bee b. plumber bee c. heater bee

Twisted Wood [ 4 Answers ]

I have a piece of wood approximately 3x10 35" long. It is slightly twisted. I need a finished piece 2x6 32" long. How do I take off the high parts and leave the low? Running it through the planer doesn't get it, it just twists as it goes through. Please Helppppp! Thanks

View more questions Search