Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onefleshforlife Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
    No Ignitor Glow
    Not sure the brand.. When I have the thermostat call for heat the vent blower and the blower both come on and there is no glow.. I have tested and bypassed the limit switches and that doesn't fix the problem. Now the diagnoses light flashes 4 times which is supposed to mean that there is an open limit switch ( so much for the diagnosis light ).. I did unplug one wire at a time going to each limit switch according to the wiring and tested each connection for voltage and I traced the voltage all the way to the high limit switch and lost voltage when I connected the output wire to the high limit switch. With the input wire is connected and the output wire disconnected I have 24 volts once I connect the output wire I lost voltage. Does that mean the board is bad?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Are you checking voltage from common to each side of the limit switches?

Oct 26, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Yes I am...
    eschuen Posts: 62, Reputation: 6

Oct 26, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Put a jumper across the high limit and see if the ignitor works

Oct 26, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Thanks I tried that didn't work also tried jumping all switches all to no avail..
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Did you check to see if you have a 115v going to the glow coil after the inducer motor starts. Just making sure you don't have a hot surface ignitor burnt out and the furnace is out on flame failure. One more question, is the pressure switch closing after the inducer motor starts?

Oct 27, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Thanks.. I have no voltage at the ignitor and the inducer is working fine and I also bypassed it with a jumper still nothing..
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Did the pressure switch close after the inducer motor started. At idle the pressure switch is open the inducer motor closes the pressure switch.

Oct 28, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Yes it works fine However there is no voltage supplied to the inducer... If I jumped the inducer shouldn't it be the same as the inducer motor closing the switch..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Location of goodman ignitor [ 2 Answers ]

I had a technician come out to check my furnace and told me that I need a new ignitor for a goodman furnace. He removed the ignitor and I ordered one online but I am not sure where the ignitor is located at within the furnace.

Possible ignitor problem [ 2 Answers ]

My York Gas Heater Won't Fire Up!! After Accessing Panel To Gas Components I Heard Rapid Ticking... ignitors I Suspect. But No Flame! Do I Have A Ignitor Problem? Txs In Advance, Matt

No glow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a pitbull\rottweiler he is 5mo. His coat is not shinning the way I think it should.

I need a new heater coil and ignitor [ 3 Answers ]

My a/c guy told me I need a new heater coil and ignitor, but its going to be expensive. I am handy and electronically and mechanically inclined, can someone help me do it myself? Thanks!

View more questions Search