Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roger strange Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Humming & clicking
    1st time this yr going ac to heat. Nordyne elec furance mod E3EB-020H. HUMMING & CLICKING from inside the furnace, blower working, blows hot, click blows cool, click blows hot, is this from the furnace being off all summer, and restart. What may be things I can check. Is this normal?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 04:21 PM
    A relay, limit or sequencer is causing the unit to cycle on and off. Make sure air filter is clean. Make sure the thermostat is turned up enough to keep the unit running. The hum is probably from the low voltage transformer. You might check the transformer to be sure it is putting out 24 volts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L110 Clicking sound on start - new solenoid, still clicking! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I cut my lawn, engine was running for about 2 hours. Stopped at neighbors house, cold beer, go to restart, just a clicking sound. Thought battery was dead, did a quick check, good voltage, hooked it up to a charger, good amps. Still clicking. I figure it's the solenoid, picked one up...

Humming taps [ 3 Answers ]

When ever I use the hot taps my system starts humming - any ideas? Cheers Wd

Humming between walls [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a townhouse that is about 1.5yrs old. Last night we heard a humming coming from between the shared wall- it almost sounded like an amp that was turned up really loud. Our neighbour heard it too- and came to the door at 4:30AM because he thought our furnace was going to blow, but the...

Humming pipes [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: :D Hi Why do my pipes hum. When I run the hot tap for a bath, flush the toilet then turn the hot tap off the pipes hum and make a loud noise. I have a combi boiler. Yes I had the plumber out and it didn`t do it when he was there.Typical.It did it when he had left though.LOL:D :rolleyes:

Humming pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, over the last couple of days there was like a roaring noise that would go off at different times in the house. I narrowed it down to the water pipes. Under the bathroom sink, if you put your hand on the cold water, you can feel the vibration, but not on the hot. While the noise is...

View more questions Search