Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srmt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Light turns on & Fan turns off automatically when a remot is installed
    I bought a Hunter remote separately and installed to my ceiling fan. Everything works good except the following problem.
    I turn on the fan & turn off the light before I go to sleep and in the middle of night the light goes on and fan turns off. This happens a few times until morning when I turn off the swith on the wall. I changed the battery and it is of no use.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2007, 01:44 PM
    You need to change the frequency of the receiver and remote.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Above may help if neighbor on same code, Remove batteries from remote and see if it happens during the night. Perhaps the remote is intermiddently transmitting?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light turns on and off by itself [ 5 Answers ]

We have had five Hampton Bay ceiling fans in our home for about 6 years, and have never had any them do anything out of the ordinary. But for the past couple of days the lights have been turning on and off by themselves, even while the remote is in clear view and nothing is touching it. And they...

Water handle turns wrong way after I installed new water valve [ 6 Answers ]

Water handle turns wrong way, after I installed new water valve

Fan light turns itself on [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I have a Hampton Bay Reddington III fan/light with a remote control. The fan Has been in use for three years and recently has started turning itself on. It Turns itself on in the middle of the night and startles the heck out of me. I Checked the battery which was fully charged, but...

How can I make Furnace fan automatically turn off when heater turns off? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Thermo Pride OH5-85. There are two manual switches installed next to the unit. One turns on the heater one the fan. I'm unable to find out how to have the heater and fan respond to my thermostat. :confused: Currently if the manual fan switch is on and the manual heater switch is on...

View more questions Search