Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Patrick Connors Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Gas Furnace will not stay lit
    I have a furnace that's about 30 yrs old. The pilot stays lit and it kicks on for about 30 seconds and then blows out along with the pilot light. We have vacuumed out the flue and the whole furnace with no results
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Connors
    I have a furnace thats about 30 yrs old. The pilot stays lit and it kicks on for about 30 seconds and then blows out along with the pilot light. We have vacuumed out the flue and the whole furnace with no results
    Does it go out after the blower kicks on or right after the burners kick on?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 09:51 PM
    You might need to get a real good carbon monoxide, tester/monitor,, sounds like a cracked heat/combustion chamber is possible,, very dangerous
    Patrick Connors Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Top
    does it go out after the blower kicks on or right after the burners kick on?
    It goes out after the burners kick on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace pilot won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

About 1 month ago pilo light wouldn't stay lit so I replaced the thermocouple.. The unit worked fine for about 2 weeks. After that when relighting it would go out after 1 day or so. Bought a new thermocouple and this one would only keep the pilot lit for 1 to 2 hours. Reinstalled the thermocouple I...

GE Furnace won't stay lit [ 4 Answers ]

We've got an old (25y.o.) GE mod #BLD106F furnace, and it refuses to stay lit. The igniter will ignite the gas, then as soon as the spark goes out, the gas shuts down. Ends up sounding like woof woof woof. We replaced the Pilot Detector to no avail. To make matters more confusing, it will lite...

Gas furnace pilot refuses to STAY LIT! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, all, new here... OK, I have a Rheem gas furnace in the crawlspace which is original to the house (1984). This place was vacant almost two years before we moved in three years ago. Before the first winter I tried to fire up the heating system and could not light the pilot. A little...

Furnace won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

Our Heil Furnace pilot light won't stay lit. When pilot knob is turned on, we can ignite the flame, but as soon as we release knob the pilot light goes out. We also replaced the thermo coupling and it still did not stay lit/worked. Could it be the valve/knob? Would any one have any suggestions?

Coleman gas furnace won't stay on [ 3 Answers ]

Coleman gas furnace Model 7665-856, about 25 years old. Regulator and thermalcoupling and thermostat all replaced within last two or three years. Problem appears same as "THISAWAY" asked about 11/25/06. Furnace blows for about 45 seconds then shuts off. Burner appears to stay on when blower stops....

View more questions Search