Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhstrt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 04:21 AM
    Coleman Furnace Fan
    I shut off furnace last spring by shutting off gas and pulling breaker. Turn the breaker back on and the blower runs with the thermo turned to off. I've tried to fire up furnace anyhow but it won't start. Only way to shut blower off is by turning off breaker. Was working fine the last time I had it on.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2005, 10:38 AM
    Far too often, things just done' run right after setting unused for a while. How old is it? Does it have a pilot light? Does the gas come on and then go off before long with or without igniting?

The blower could be a separate problem. Is it set on the auto position if the thermostat has an auto/on position for the fan? If so, the relay for the fan could be stuck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 2 nights my furnace has been blowing out cold air. I have a furnace which is equipped with an ignition device which automatically lights the piolet. I did everything from cutting off the gas valve and power to furnace. When I restarted everything back up, the furnace came on but no air...

Spencer Coleman [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know how much an Original and Signed Piece of artwork By Spencer Coleman would be? Kind Regards Peter

Gas furnace [ 14 Answers ]

Igot a 1972 carrer furnace it catches fire at the spud part of burner I got 11.5 inch watter column preasure on line you can cut it off turn it back on and it burns good blaze looks good I need some comet on air ajustment or what might be causing this I have cleaned the burners , thanks.

Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have what looks to be a old steam boiler. Any recommendations? I was told that I needed about 100,000 btu's. I know that I will have to get the system size correctly to be sure. But I wanted to find out if there is any particular brands that are good before I start getting quotes. I personal...

New furnace [ 9 Answers ]

I have got an old furnace I am going to have to replace eventually. I was looking for general advice right now what I should know when finding someone to replace it. I don't want to get into a situation where it will cost me thousands of dollars when I don't need to. I have a gas furnace with hot...

View more questions Search